FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Off topic;ECLIPSE  (Read 383 times)

bigr

Off topic;ECLIPSE
« on: Apr 11, 2024, 06:01 AM »
What was everyone's take on the eclipse? for me it was truly a once in a lifetime experience. I've seen partials before in my life but never a 100%. A world of difference. I'm glad we drove the 1/2hr to be in the 100%. To be able to take the glasses of for approx. 2mins and seeing an object that we cannot just look up at under normal conditions was worth the slow drive home from Warren. That small town was doing it right and all had a great town. I visited with a lot of different types of people and all were good. When we reached that last couple minutes before totality all got quiet then applause began ending in shouts. Two planets were easily visible. It was 3hrs of my life ill always remember. Anyone fished during the eclipse? Wonder if you got an evening bite.

Daybreak

Re: Off topic;ECLIPSE
« Reply #1 on: Apr 12, 2024, 05:44 AM »
The wife and I drove to see family south of Ft. Wayne.  I was a great time. Really enjoyed the show!
LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience!

rivereddy

« Reply #2 on: Apr 12, 2024, 07:19 AM »
We drove to Paducah Kentucky in 2017 and had a little over 3 and a half minutes of totality.  The traffic
on the way home was crazy .This time we enjoyed the same amount of totality from the back yard.
We sat near a redbud tree in full bloom. There were honey bees all over it.  As the skies darkened
just before totality, they all left.  When the light returned, they came back.

fish on,

rivereddy

gilldan

« Reply #3 on: Apr 12, 2024, 03:28 PM »
A hour after the eclipse I went out to the gravel pit that I have been doing really good at for the last 3 weeks.  Two fish in 1 1/2hrs.  Nothing was feeding on the surface the whole time I was there.  Buddy went the next morning and caught the same as I did.  He went back Wed and nailed them.

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #4 on: Apr 15, 2024, 02:34 PM »
The partial eclipse in Hobart. Very similar to 2017. Temp dropped about 10 degrees. Color was grayish. Birds quit singing for a few minutes. Other than that, rather Ho hum!
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.