FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Burt Dam on Fire!  (Read 884 times)

bighillbilly

Burt Dam on Fire!
« on: Oct 30, 2006, 07:02 AM »
Not really, but it would be a good start.
Haven't been doign any fishign, but with high wind keeping me out of my treestand I hit Burt Dam as I figured with all the rain it would still be fishable.  Water was high and brown with about 4-6 inches of visibility.  Stepped into a nice spot and hit a big male brown on my 5th cast.  Foul hooked a few salmon and watched a guy next to me foul hook 2 browns in the course of 4 hours fishing.  Water was very cold and the fish just had lock jaw.  Nobody that I could see (maybe 25 guys) landed a fish in that time.  Even the salmon hungry guys at the dam were walking back to their cars empty handed.  Threw glo bugs, buggers of every color, and assorted streamers.  Water should clear in a couple days with no precip.

I did talk about 6 guys out of drowning when they wanted to cross in front of me.  I tried to explain all the guys fishing there were doing it because there was a deep run in front of us.  With some careful instruction about where to cross down by the tressle they all made it - except one guy who went to his knees 3 times in the middle of the stream leaving only his head bobbing above the water.  The third time I actually thought he was going to have to be saved, but he floated to shore.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.