FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Seneca Lake Perch  (Read 1907 times)

Fingerlakes Fisher

Seneca Lake Perch
« on: Jan 09, 2007, 09:58 AM »
Anyone been out lately?  They have to be grouping up in the shallower water at the North end.  Anybody have an update?

Lund sss

• Tight Lines, Steve
Re: Seneca Lake Perch
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2007, 07:53 PM »
Fingerlakes,
 Sun. A.M. was very productive. 47 jacks between my father and I . The truth be told the other six boats around us weren't doing much of anything. The location is part of the problem what you fish with is the other.  The fishing is not hot and heavy but  keep at it, and sooner or later you'll figure them 14-15 " ers out. There very picky about  the  presentation.

Tight Lines,
Triple S
Steve W.

P.S. (if you  pm me and I'll tell you more..... )

fishit

« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2007, 09:50 PM »
LundSSS,
 I don't get to fish Seneca as much as I would like (that's an understatement) but is the pattern and presentation the same this time of year that you would use in Feb./ March ?
 Perchless,
 fishit
1,168,124 Trout caught and released since 1997...another good year for the trout...

Lund sss

• Tight Lines, Steve
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2007, 03:22 PM »
Fishit,
the only thing that I know is the overall size of the fish right now is smaller than in late feb. or march. Yes my pattern is almost the same.  As a matter a fact I usually  only fish four or five different locations.

Tight lines,
Steve 8) 8)

fishit

« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2007, 05:29 PM »
Steve,
 Thanks for the info. I hope I can get down there right around the time that the big ones are schooled up and hungry. LOL

Thanks,
 Fishit
1,168,124 Trout caught and released since 1997...another good year for the trout...

old man river

« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2007, 02:49 AM »
hello,
i like to know more
how do i get in touch with you ?
ralph

perchgod27

« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2007, 05:30 PM »
does anybody do well down near hector falls in that area this time of year doen well there in spring

fingerlakesfisher

« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2007, 05:41 PM »
No perch but the past two weekends at Sampson have produced some nice pike!  FYI My five year old daughter landed her first pike. 

reubenpa

« Reply #8 on: Jan 11, 2007, 07:56 PM »
hey finger lakes fisher were you there on saturday  ifishing in the marina?  took about 10 min to get that pike..  My buddy and I were there.. my buddy had the nice pike there.   unfortunatley the marina is messed up, got no minnows or bites today.. too windy    Reuben
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

fingerlakesfisher

« Reply #9 on: Jan 14, 2007, 10:04 AM »
That was me.  For the second weekend in a row we went caught a few and left.  Too windy for my daughter, we ended up dropping a few fatheads in the river by the locks and getting  a few small fish.  Either way, I got her away from the TV and out of her mothers hair for a few hours. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.