FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Price of Minnows/crayfish/leeches  (Read 3446 times)

aarongreen123

Price of Minnows/crayfish/leeches
« on: Jun 16, 2007, 08:20 AM »
Hey all, Planning a few trips up to the thousand islands as well as to a few of the finger lakes and am trying to work out the budget.  what is everyone paying for perch and bass minnows now that all the regs are in place, i'm sure this has changed things.  i have used the thousand island bait shop in the past, and just little ma and pa baitshopts around silver and the finger lakes, are they even still going to be able to sell bait like they used to?

Fishingking

Re: Price of Minnows/crayfish/leeches
« Reply #1 on: Jun 16, 2007, 08:47 AM »
The problem is it cost $1,000 to test a batch of minnows before they can legally be sold for bait. So i am sure  wholesalers like Big Catch near Buffalo  are getting the minnows tested and then distributing them to the ma and pa stores. I am also sure the price has gone up some just dont be a victim of price gouging
Team NY 
Was that nice enough for you?

pyle

« Reply #2 on: Jun 16, 2007, 09:06 AM »
Crayfish and Leeches are not effcted by the VHS laws so the price of them shouldnt be changed. Leeches around me are $2.225 to $2.50 a doz. And minnows all depends on were you get them.

troutspinner

« Reply #3 on: Jun 17, 2007, 08:00 PM »
If I am sellin shiners to you they are going to be 2x the going rate unless you save a space in your boat for me ... ;D

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: Jun 17, 2007, 10:04 PM »
Most places in the Plattsburgh area are getting around $6 a cup for perch minnows.

aarongreen123

« Reply #5 on: Jun 18, 2007, 09:39 AM »
how does that compare to prices before all this?

snaggerr

• Do what you have to!!
« Reply #6 on: Jun 18, 2007, 09:08 PM »
$20.00 for a minnow trap and 20 minutes to pick acouple dozen crayfish outta the creek set for year.
Since there is six times as much water as there is land any man can plainly see that the good lord intended for man to fish six times as much as he works-

crappieslayer22

• the kayak fisherman
« Reply #7 on: Jun 18, 2007, 09:12 PM »
$20.00 for a minnow trap and 20 minutes to pick acouple dozen crayfish outta the creek set for year.

not even $20 like between $7 and $10 ant ur local wally world
Loren .W.

aarongreen123

« Reply #8 on: Jun 19, 2007, 09:40 AM »
i always caught a few crayfish but never a pile of them.  whats the secret for really catching a bunch at a time?

yoda

« Reply #9 on: Jun 19, 2007, 12:22 PM »
The step is finding a 10-year old.  Then tell them to go to work.  Kids are awesome at crayfishing and they work cheap.

snaggerr

• Do what you have to!!
« Reply #10 on: Jun 19, 2007, 07:39 PM »

not even $20 like between $7 and $10 ant ur local wally world
Built my own thats what it cost me but I always have lots of minnows.You been at gorton heading out tomarrow then done for a while surgery then I want to beat last year over 120 days fishing by my log.
Since there is six times as much water as there is land any man can plainly see that the good lord intended for man to fish six times as much as he works-

snaggerr

• Do what you have to!!
« Reply #11 on: Jun 19, 2007, 07:43 PM »
i always caught a few crayfish but never a pile of them.  whats the secret for really catching a bunch at a time?
Find a small creek that branchs off a large one were water is a 1-2 feet deep walk in and look around.I have a spot I can grab what I need everytime I go.My spot is under a bridge if it makes a diff.Goodluck

Fishingking

« Reply #12 on: Jun 19, 2007, 07:55 PM »
or catch crayfish at night i know spot where you can literally get 100 in just a few minutes
Team NY 
Was that nice enough for you?

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #13 on: Jun 20, 2007, 02:20 PM »
Transportation of uncertified MINNOWS are now illegal in NY.

snaggerr

• Do what you have to!!
« Reply #14 on: Jun 20, 2007, 07:41 PM »
I KNOW EVERYTHING IS ILLIGAL IN NY.BUT I MADE ACOUPLE TRAPS AND ARE ON PRIVATE PROPERTY  AT DIFFERANT LAKES.I USE WERE I GET BUT HOW DO YOU TELL ONE SHINNER FROM ANOTHER IN DIFFERANT LAKES?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.