FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: largest perch!  (Read 50230 times)

firstice_rules

• got to get them fishies
largest perch!
« on: Mar 23, 2004, 07:45 PM »
just wondering how big your biggest perch was (frozen or solid water) and pictures would be great especaly of those mysterious 20 inchers.

this is my biggest that i have a pic of. this was going to be my tourny entry for iceshanty.com

p.s. i have caught bigger.
notin better than a perch on the end of my line!

zuke852000

Re: largest perch!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 23, 2004, 08:50 PM »
I have no pictures their for no story... cant prove it ever happened
ZUKE

reubenpa

« Reply #2 on: Mar 23, 2004, 11:15 PM »
I got a 36.5 incher here...  the red neck ruler!!  123427-36 all in 12 inches... 12.5 inches.. my biggest,a ndthe biggest I ahve ever seen... pitiful I know
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

panfish lover

« Reply #3 on: Mar 24, 2004, 05:13 AM »
just wondering how big your biggest perch was (frozen or solid water) and pictures would be great especaly of those mysterious 20 inchers.

this is my biggest that i have a pic of. this was going to be my tourny entry for iceshanty.com

p.s. i have caught bigger.
i caught a 17 inch perch last fall it weighed 2.5 pounds a real monster he was so big a small lamprey was on his skin i got him in sodus bay thanks

Germ

• Always Planning the Next fishing Adventure...
« Reply #4 on: Mar 24, 2004, 03:26 PM »
Wheres the pic?
Please Don't be offended by Germ and his Replys ..If any comments bother you please feel free to Send me a message Thru private mail and Ill   modify anything that Seems to upset ya. Tight Lines all!

firstice_rules

« Reply #5 on: Mar 24, 2004, 03:36 PM »
nice fish reubenpa!
about that 17 incher i belive perch can get that big but it would be best to have a pic back it up.

panfish lover

« Reply #6 on: Mar 24, 2004, 05:09 PM »
Wheres the pic?
no picture, always seem to forget the camera when i need it the most i had it weighed and measured at bay bridge bait shop in north rose on sodus bay plus my family saw the fish i was quite proud of it got some real nice fillets off of the fish i would have stuffed it but its not my first 17 incher butit is my heaviest thanks

firstice_rules

« Reply #7 on: Mar 24, 2004, 07:53 PM »
well give me all the measurements so i can at least visualise it.

panfish lover

« Reply #8 on: Mar 25, 2004, 05:08 AM »
well give me all the measurements so i can at least visualise it.
all we did when we measured it in the bait shop was from tip of the mouth to tip of the tail with a flexable tape and weighed it on a digital rapala scale

firstice_rules

« Reply #9 on: Mar 25, 2004, 05:50 PM »
great fish and keep them coming.

panfish lover

« Reply #10 on: Mar 25, 2004, 10:12 PM »
Here are a couple fatties from last November.  For perspective the walleyes have to be 15" to keep.
[/img]
take the biggest perch on your stringer of fish and add about 3 to 4inches and youll have the perch i caught, i do remember that the egg sac in the perch was as big as some perch most people keep, by the way thats a really nice stringer of perch and walleyes that you have in the picture  ,a good day of fishing by anyones standards good luck to you

nuke1neil

« Reply #11 on: Mar 25, 2004, 11:05 PM »
Panfish lover,my friend,if you want to one-up a fellow angler's post,you need to back it up with photos.Nothing personal,but fishermen are a skeptical bunch.Please do not take offense,none intended.N1n

panfish lover

« Reply #12 on: Mar 26, 2004, 02:50 PM »
Panfish lover,my friend,if you want to one-up a fellow angler's post,you need to back it up with photos.Nothing personal,but fishermen are a skeptical bunch.Please do not take offense,none intended.N1n
belive what you want to, i no i cant be the last honest fisherman,i wasnt trying to one up someones post, i was just leting people know what i caught i was quite proud to catch the fish,eveybody who post fish pictures on this web site are all very nice fish, i do kick my self in the but not to take a picture of this perch BUT anybody knows that it has happened often on sodus bay just call and talk to skip at the bay bridge bait shop hes been there for years and he knows he said the biggest one hes seen is 18 inches with many 14 to 17 inch range good luck to you

nuke1neil

« Reply #13 on: Mar 26, 2004, 05:49 PM »
Honest fisherman? That's an oxymoron is'nt it? I'll bet you'll remember to take pictures from now on though.Hope you are'nt too upset at my input.Good luck to you.My biggest perch is only 13 5/8".I'm jealous.

panfish lover

« Reply #14 on: Mar 26, 2004, 06:41 PM »
Honest fisherman? That's an oxymoron is'nt it? I'll bet you'll remember to take pictures from now on though.Hope you are'nt too upset at my input.Good luck to you.My biggest perch is only 13 5/8".I'm jealous.
their has been a few more fish that i should have taken pictures of, now after the fact i cant understand why i didnt, the only thing good about it is everytime i have caught something worth while i have had a friend or relative with me to see  it,  better than nothing i guess,i have a 10 year old son whos caught some quality fish and i always make sure to take pictures of his fish i need to start with myself from now on,   have a good one

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.