FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: BRADYS LAKE  (Read 24779 times)

Imbit

Re: BRADYS LAKE
« Reply #30 on: Sep 14, 2017, 07:21 AM »
ok, that wasn't me. I didn't get back to the ramp until later. I was the guy in the kayak out by the island.

I hit Brady's again yesterday. It was an "applesauce day". I took the day off from work to make applesauce with the Mrs and we got done early so she said "might as well go fishing!". At least that's what I think she said cuz I was out the door before she finished the sentence, LOL!

When I got there it was pretty calm and sunny but I decided to bring the rain gear anyway. Good thing cuz I wasn't half way out to the island before the sun disappeared and the wind picked up a little. The FF was showing the bottom was littered with fish and I stopped often to jig a little. It turned out that the bottom was covered with 4-6" crappie that would hit the jig often. At the island the crappie seemed to turn off but by then it was lightly raining. I switched tactics and put a worm on a hook and fished a bobber and started getting some huge bull gills. I stopped at half a dozen and turned my attention to the crappie but was still plagued by the dinks and one pickerel.

I decided to call it at about 5:00 and started for the ramp trolling a spoon behind me. I got about 20 feet and the rod started bending. A 10" crappie. Tossed the spoon back in and started off again. Didn't even get 20 ft this time when the pole bent. Another 10". All in all, I got several dinks, 3 10" crappie and one slab that almost hit 13".

Over the course of the day I tossed back several 9"-9 1/2" crappie, I don't know how many 6" crappie and had a few decent fish spit the hook on me. Ended the day with 6 big gills and 4 crappie. And the best thing... I didn't lose my new spoon to that dang pickerel!

Spider1 - that sounds like a great day !   Congrats on the SLAB crappies - finding crappies that big sounds like a blast -

CHEZ2

« Reply #31 on: Sep 17, 2017, 09:48 AM »
Me and Spider hit Bradys saturday afternoon.
Bite was off.Rain showers off an on.
Got some gills and a few calico.
Then right before dark when the calico started to hit.
The sky opened on us.lol.
I never paddled my Yak so fast back to the truck.
Slider took his time and landed a few more calico.fun time

saphireblue99

« Reply #32 on: Sep 17, 2017, 08:32 PM »
HIT BRADY'S ON THE 8TH, MY SON AND I FISHED 12 TILL DARK, PRETTY SLOW BITE, NORTH END EASTERN SHORE AS USUAL HAD THE BEST BITE BEFORE DARK, MAYBE 15 PICKEREL AND 12 BASS ALL DAY, I PULLED ONE 3.6# LM FROM THE STUMPS AROUND 6:30, WATER TEMP WAS 63 -65 DEGREES, OTHER BASS  1.25 WAS BIGGEST REST DINKS. THERE ARE SOME BIG LARGEMOUTH IN HERE, DON'T BE FOOLED BY IT ONLY FILLED FOR 9 YEARS, TONS AND TONS OF COVER FOR THEM TO HIDE IN AND LOTS OF BAIT FISH THAT GROWS EM BIG.UNFORTUNATELY SELDOM A NON WINDY DAY HERE AND ALWAYS COSTS ME A BUNCH OF QUARTERS FROM THE IN AND OUT DUST STORM ON THAT ROAD

Spider1

« Reply #33 on: Sep 18, 2017, 05:37 AM »
On that wet ride back I also hooked up with a nice pickerel, just not nice enough to keep. I also caught a big shiner... If I was fishing for bait I woulda stayed put, there was a ton of them in that area just passed the island on the western side by some stick-ups.

Yeah, I kept trolling back to the ramp, I figured I wasn't gonna get much wetter, lol! The funny thing was, usually when I paddle around this lake I mark a lot of fish on the bottom but during that paddle back in the rain I didn't see any.

CHEZ2

« Reply #34 on: Sep 18, 2017, 06:19 AM »
HIT BRADY'S ON THE 8TH, MY SON AND I FISHED 12 TILL DARK, PRETTY SLOW BITE, NORTH END EASTERN SHORE AS USUAL HAD THE BEST BITE BEFORE DARK, MAYBE 15 PICKEREL AND 12 BASS ALL DAY, I PULLED ONE 3.6# LM FROM THE STUMPS AROUND 6:30, WATER TEMP WAS 63 -65 DEGREES, OTHER BASS  1.25 WAS BIGGEST REST DINKS. THERE ARE SOME BIG LARGEMOUTH IN HERE, DON'T BE FOOLED BY IT ONLY FILLED FOR 9 YEARS, TONS AND TONS OF COVER FOR THEM TO HIDE IN AND LOTS OF BAIT FISH THAT GROWS EM BIG.UNFORTUNATELY SELDOM A NON WINDY DAY HERE AND ALWAYS COSTS ME A BUNCH OF QUARTERS FROM THE IN AND OUT DUST STORM ON THAT ROAD

CHEZ2

« Reply #35 on: Sep 18, 2017, 06:41 AM »
I seen a few Pigs jump saturday evening.
I was on a panfish hunt.no bass gear allowed.lol.
I told spider i would of killed for my baitcaster and a Spinner bait saturday evening.lol.
Thats why i didnt bring any...panfish fishing would of turned bass fishing quick. ;)

Imbit

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2018, 10:28 AM »
Hey guys - anybody been out to Brady's yet this spring ?     Heading out soon hopefully ... just curious if anybody's getting bit yet & if they are in the weedy end or open water side ?     Thanks !

Spider1

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2018, 01:54 PM »
I was up there last week. I had a lot of marks on the ff, mostly small crappie probably. It was windy and nothing was biting.

Imbit

« Reply #38 on: Aug 31, 2018, 06:56 PM »
I was up last weekend - gorgeous day - NO WIND, but bass weren't biting at all (cold front).    Best part is they graded the road going in - didn't rattle my teeth.

Spider1

« Reply #39 on: Sep 01, 2018, 05:20 AM »
I was up there on Thursday. Got a free day off from work to run an errand and passed by Brady's on the way home. Picked up some minnows at the Pocono Boat house and figured I would target crappies. Got a few small crappies but really, nothing was moving. Had the FF on and wasn't marking much at all. I would see some fish cruising and I vertical jigged and got a few taps and saw some fish reacting but not enough takers.

Spider1

« Reply #40 on: Sep 04, 2018, 05:48 AM »
Stopped in at Brady's yesterday for the morning. Crappie were active but I couldn't get them to bite much and what I did catch were pretty small. The biggest being just under 9".

CHEZ2

« Reply #41 on: Sep 05, 2018, 07:49 PM »
Sounds like a crappie day.lol.

‘Ol Snakebite (RuttNutt)

« Reply #42 on: Sep 06, 2018, 05:23 PM »
LOL!  ;D   He sounds a little “GRUMPY”............ ;)

chris458wm

« Reply #43 on: Sep 06, 2018, 05:52 PM »
Sounds like a crappie day.lol.

That's a good one!

CHEZ2

« Reply #44 on: Sep 07, 2018, 05:37 PM »
SPIDER ROCKS!!!°
HE COMPLAINS ABOUT BEING BUSY BUT,HE GETS OUT MORE THAN ALL OF US.LOL.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.