FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Tracker Grizzly All-Weld's  (Read 2770 times)

billychuck

Tracker Grizzly All-Weld's
« on: Apr 20, 2014, 08:31 AM »
Looking for real world opinions of these 17-20 foot Jon boats. After spending all winter trying to decide what to buy, I pulled the trigger on a 1754 at Adirondack Boat show  a few weeks back. I fish mostly the upper Hudson River south of Hadley/Corinth, Saratoga Lake, Cossayuna and other smaller lakes in Warren/Wash/Saratoga counties in upstate NY. I wanted something open and simple, with a casting deck/chair up front. I am by myself a lot of the time, so I also wanted something light I could launch/load solo.

I went back and fourth a few times from a deep V and these bigger Jon's. I know the ride will be rough when the wind picks up, but also will be lower on the water so my sail wont catch as much wind. I do plan on fishing more than moving, so the stability of a Jon should outweigh the rougher ride.

I maxed out the ponies to what the boat is rated for, so it should have acceptable performance.

What do you guys think?

billychuck

Re: Tracker Grizzly All-Weld's
« Reply #1 on: Jun 21, 2014, 09:37 AM »
Figured I would give an update after having it out a few times...

I love this boat! Light, stable, dry and LOTS of room. I had my doubts if I made the right the right choice, but so far so good. The 30HP Merc gets it on plane fast and with myself and fishing gear I am cruising around 35MPH, with 2 big guys and gear, I still get 29-30.

The one negative, and as expected, if you encounter a big wake from a ski boat, hang on... it doesn't cut it like a deep V!!

If you plan on fishing more the moving... its the way to go!

OTIS

Re: Tracker Grizzly All-Weld's
« Reply #2 on: Jun 24, 2014, 08:07 PM »
A friend of mine has a Sea Ark which is a similar boat.  That thing is a beast!  His is much larger, but I think you made a great choice for what you described in your first post.  Enjoy!
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.