FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: dot's new rig!  (Read 3067 times)

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
dot's new rig!
« on: Jul 31, 2017, 05:34 PM »

SO the wife decided since I made it to 40 mostly healthy and fit that I could have a boat again! So first I had to decide what I really wanted, my last boat was a nightmare and cost us way too much money. That was a 22 foot Logic with a 150 2 stroke that blew up, was replaced and the 140 I put on it blew on the first trip. I knew I didn't want anything with that kinda motor again unless I strike it rich and can go brand new. Looked for weeks on Craigslist and Facebook and just couldn't find the right rig for us at the price she set for me so I decided to focus on a motor for my little 14 foot Sears tin tub. While looking for a 7.5-9.9 I stumbled upon a deal too good to pass up! a 2010 Merc 4 stroke 15 horse with 5 total hours on it. Couldn't pass it up, but now I have another problem.... Too much motor for my boat. So now the search is on for the right boat and trailer without going way over Lisa's budget. Took awhile but I think I found the perfect boat for us and didn't go too far over...... ::)

Here's the Sears with the 15  :D

Yeah, that wasn't happening.... So here's the new craft An 88 Starcraft 14 foot 66 inches wide in the middle and the floor's solid as a rock.

Not a fan of the red, but it'll work for now. Thinking of bringing it to RG for the winter for a custom remodel  ;)

Spent the day yesterday stripping the cobbed wire job the previous owner had and installing the lowrance, the guy had everything run to gator clips and old usless switches that you still had to hook the gator clips up anyway ???

That'll get me on the water again. Now for a name.....

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: dot's new rig!
« Reply #1 on: Jul 31, 2017, 05:54 PM »
Looks great Eddy.. 
Bet you get out in that a lot....
And happy belated birthday......
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

drowndin dots

« Reply #2 on: Jul 31, 2017, 05:55 PM »
Looks great Eddy.. 
Bet you get out in that a lot....
And happy belated birthday......
Thanks Dom, She'll sip gas and get me where I want to fish fast enough. We'll have to rendezvous on the port this year eh?

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Jul 31, 2017, 06:02 PM »
Thanks Dom, She'll sip gas and get me where I want to fish fast enough. We'll have to rendezvous on the port this year eh?

Yeah for sure...  Me and Dean were just talking about making  a trip or two.....
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: Jul 31, 2017, 06:12 PM »
Nice rig!

The shop is always open to my gardening friends Ed. ;D

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

drowndin dots

« Reply #5 on: Jul 31, 2017, 06:19 PM »
Nice rig!

Rg
I remember a remod you did a few years back I really admired ;) I'm headed back to the garden as I finish typing this to harvest some monster pickles that I neglected with the new boat on my mind. Keep an eye on the garden thread later.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #6 on: Jul 31, 2017, 06:43 PM »
Yeah...I've been doing some gardening myself.

It's a great thing to have so many good things  to think about. Boats, fishing, pickles......doesn't get much better than that!

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #7 on: Aug 01, 2017, 08:25 AM »
 Congrats on the new ride! Your going to love that motor! Enjoy.... ;D

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #8 on: Aug 01, 2017, 11:23 AM »
. Now for a name.....

What are you doing with the sears boat...  Ours leaks an aweful lot...... :-\

Mac Attack

« Reply #9 on: Aug 01, 2017, 01:04 PM »
Nice rig!

Rg

suck up !

nice rig DD

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #10 on: Aug 01, 2017, 02:37 PM »
Really?
You've got a credit balance you know.

Rg

drowndin dots

« Reply #11 on: Aug 01, 2017, 05:24 PM »

That thing is so sexy I would just call it  "LISA"... ;D      ::)

What are you doing with the sears boat...  Ours leaks an aweful lot...... :-\
It's for sale, doesn't leak a drop last I used it

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #12 on: Aug 01, 2017, 06:13 PM »
It's for sale, doesn't leak a drop last I used it

We can fix that too,

The not leaking I mean ;D

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.