FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: What do you think of the colors on these trout?  (Read 3378 times)

taxid

Re: What do you think of the colors on these trout?
« Reply #15 on: Oct 26, 2017, 01:12 PM »
I get a minimum of $40.00 each up to $100.00 depending on size, sold to taxidermists shipped whole frozen as far as Hawaii, so no I can't get myself to eat even one.  ;D It would be like flushing up to $100.00 down the toilet. :'(

I respectively disagree with you on them not getting that rotund in the wild. Perhaps not New England, but here in the Great Lakes I have taken in brown trout that were the epitome of a football brown. If the food supply is there and it's mainly forage fish...

Here's a Lake Ontario brown

Here's a wild brookie caught in Patagonia I've posted here before. It doesn't get much more wild than Patagonia even with a few lodges down there.

I have noticed that mature male brook trout develop a high back during spawning time that makes them look rotund.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Fishermantim

• I go where the water takes me!
« Reply #16 on: Oct 27, 2017, 11:42 AM »
I should add (to ease anyone's concern about my comments) that I live in MA, and since our trout fishery has been delegated to an entirely "put and take" industry, so finding "native" or "wild" trout would be like hitting the lottery...twice on the same day...on consecutive scratch-off tickets....from the same store and same book of tickets.

In other words, it's quite rare.

There are a few waters that have (some-what) wild trout, but they are out in the western part of the state.

But I will agree, there isn't much that beats a trout in full spawn color!
"God is playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh" (George Burns from "Oh, GOD")

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - The Existential Blues

taxid

« Reply #17 on: Oct 27, 2017, 12:21 PM »
I found a few tiny creeks with wild ones in places that might surprise you in northeastern Mass. One was out in the middle of the Ft. Devens military reservation that is now the Oxbow federal preserve.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

lilthine

« Reply #18 on: Dec 20, 2017, 01:27 AM »
Insane, I love it. You were able to enhance their colors.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.