FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Decent perch day on port bay  (Read 2457 times)

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
Decent perch day on port bay
« on: Nov 18, 2017, 08:14 AM »

Good haul of perch yesterday on port bay...2hrs.  Used stingeye jigging spoon from thundermistlures.com....last few times caught most fish with it every time

icejohn
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

icejohn

Re: Decent day on port bay
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18, 2017, 04:34 PM »
Why..cant you see the pictures?...they show up on my page...use the new "add image to post"...i tip with perch eye and or cut bait (perch, small piece)...bought jigs on thundermistlures.com and called stingnose jig. I have 1/16oz. to 3/8oz. but they range much higher.
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
Re: Decent perch day on port bay
« Reply #2 on: Nov 19, 2017, 07:36 AM »
good looking perch,like the lure look.
 :D :D :D
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Nov 19, 2017, 08:03 AM »
Nice catch John....
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

eyedoctor

« Reply #4 on: Nov 19, 2017, 01:11 PM »
Nice batch of fish John. Also like the looks of your lure.

hinkydo

« Reply #5 on: Nov 19, 2017, 03:44 PM »
Nice icejohn, I have been getting them Fair Haven when the weather is good.

hinkydo

icejohn

« Reply #6 on: Nov 19, 2017, 05:44 PM »
Ya thanks guys....been having good days and mostly on that jigging spoon...check out thundermist lures on youtube...great channel and has great lures.....he's like fishing with a buddy.
icejohn

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #7 on: Nov 21, 2017, 05:51 PM »
Yo John,

Port Bay has been one of my go too spots this summer. I did get on the ice there last year and did not do well. I am open for a tutorial my friend.  ;D ;D

icejohn

« Reply #8 on: Nov 21, 2017, 05:58 PM »
Yo John,

Port Bay has been one of my go too spots this summer. I did get on the ice there last year and did not do well. I am open for a tutorial my friend.  ;D ;D
Yea...looks like next week supposed to get back in the 50's...but any day with less wind is good any way....so if you want to pm me with phone# i'll contact you....as far as tutorial....i'll probably learn from you.
icejohn

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #9 on: Nov 28, 2017, 05:47 PM »
Yo Guys & Gals,

I got out today on Port bay with my friend icejohn. While John and I have exchanged quips and comments on IS and MFF, today was the first time we got to fish together. John, knowing I had winterized my Larson and SeaRay inboards was kind enough to invite me to his home waters,Port Bay  as he still has his outboard Tracker in the water.

IceJohn and I had a slow start, but as the day wore on we found some perch in the deeper water. We settled into an area where other boats were witnessed catching perch. We settled into the area of deeper water where  I heard a familiar voice yelling out "Boggey". It was  Hinkydo and a boat load of people he had brought to the Bay. I  guess we have to acknowledge Hinkydo led us to the promised land as we started catching perch as we drifted closer to his boat. Making a long story shorter, Icejohn and I ended up with a couple dozen perch for our days effort, more importantly, Icejohn and i got to spend some time together and cement what I hope will be a long term relationship. In fact we have already promised to meet for our first time out ice fishing in a couple of weeks. Hinkydo is getting ready to take a vacation in Florida, where he promises to keep us informed of his fishing adventures in the sunshine state.

All In all, not a bad day. Got to see an old friend, got to spend some time with a new friend and we caught some fish. Can't do much better than that. Thanks Icejohn, next stop, hardwater eh?  :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:

icejohn

« Reply #10 on: Nov 28, 2017, 08:26 PM »
Well i don"t know how to write as long of a post (lol) i sure had a great time with boggy today...couldn't find them in my usual spots and with the wind made it very difficult...but as boggy said we ended up ok...looking forward to some hardwater soon...best time fishing with new partner. Thanks boggy.

hinkydo

« Reply #11 on: Nov 28, 2017, 09:15 PM »
Great seeing jboggy and icejohn , that was a tough wind to fish.
 The perch have been feeding on mooneyes , a great bait for perch if you can catch them to use.
Most of the good size perch we caught  mooneyes where  in there stomach  when I cleaned them.
So I think most of the other big ones where not biting, they where all ready full.
Good talking at you guys again.

FISH ON and catch you guys around sometime. Remember you can't catch them all and if we did it wouldn't be any fun any more.

hinkydo

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.