FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: O/T - My Personal Best  (Read 1464 times)

caught_the_fever

O/T - My Personal Best
« on: Nov 21, 2017, 08:24 PM »
While the fishing was very slow for me this fall, I still managed to land my personal best.  A 20", 7lb 15 oz beaut - our son, Caden.  While we had a few scares during his birth and we're working through a few challenges, all is very well considering the big picture and he should recover well as we caught them early.  Despite a slightly slower start, he'll have an advantage over some other children as he'll have overcome several obstacles early in life.   

Anyhow, he's added an extra lift to our step and we can't wait to get him out on the water - perhaps we'll see you out there.

Receiving pics like this during the work day helps boost motivation!

MG39

• No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
Re: O/T - My Personal Best
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22, 2017, 05:44 AM »
That's a keeper for sure. I hadn't scrolled down enough to see the name & pic. & thought you might be exaggerating just a bit at 20" and 71/2# until I read the next line. :) :)

I'll bet you can't wait for that first fishing trip.  Good luck.
Man To Man Is So Unjust,
No Man Knows, Which Man To Trust,
I Have trusted Many, To My Sorrow,
Pay Cash Today, And I Will Trust Tomorrow.
Maybe!
               "Semper Fi"

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 22, 2017, 06:41 AM »
A hearty congrats to all, Mike.  Thanks for sharing the great pics.  If I can hang around long enough, I'd be honored to fish with your fine young fellow 8)

caught_the_fever

« Reply #3 on: Nov 22, 2017, 07:35 AM »
That's a keeper for sure. I hadn't scrolled down enough to see the name & pic. & thought you might be exaggerating just a bit at 20" and 71/2# until I read the next line. :) :)

I'll bet you can't wait for that first fishing trip.  Good luck.

Thank you very much.  I did have to at least make an attempt to make it sound fishing related given the board! 

you aren't kidding about the trip!  As if I don't look forward to the seasons enough, I'm sure having him be a part of it will only intensify those feelings.

Jim - that would be an honor to hit the water with you again with the little guy; I know Caden would appreciate the opportunity to learn from one of the best!

Happy Thanksgiving guys.

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #4 on: Nov 22, 2017, 05:00 PM »
Handsome little man. Congratulations!  ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

stguy

« Reply #5 on: Nov 22, 2017, 05:04 PM »
Nothing off topic at all about a new fishing partner....I was hoping you'd post the news, congratulations.

Seeing the picture with the harness brought a few tears, my oldest wore one for her first 6 months and she just gave us a gandson that I can't wait to get out fishing.

Be sure to look me up in the spring, there is always room on my boat for you and your family.....your little tid bit of information is working on my whole family now ;)

PIKE FISHERMAN

• Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based fishing.
« Reply #6 on: Nov 22, 2017, 07:22 PM »
Congrats on the new addition!
Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based bass, pike, fly fishing, brook fishing, trolling and ice fishing. Hope to see you on the water somewhere!!

fish wayniac

« Reply #7 on: Nov 23, 2017, 05:36 AM »
Congratz on the birth of your new fishing partner.

woodchip1

« Reply #8 on: Nov 23, 2017, 08:22 AM »
Congratulations with your KEEPER,  My three keepers are all over fifty years old now .

caught_the_fever

« Reply #9 on: Nov 27, 2017, 12:34 PM »
thanks for the well wishes and compliments guys - we're proud of him!

stguy - I hear you, everyone hopes for a smooth delivery and a perfectly healthy child.  He was already experiencing a couple challenges when we received the diagnosis re: his hips.  Thankfully we caught it early and as such the physicians believe he'll make a full recovery for adulthood - unlike my parents who have both had full replacements, I guess our family is like the labrador retrievers of the human species!  All in all, a few minor obstacles which we'll get through and be stronger for it.

Great to hear the impact that's had - credit really belongs elsewhere.  I greatly appreciate the invite and we'll have to take you up on it some time!  Great job with the boat.

Woodchip - thank you.  I'm very much looking forward to all of the tomorrow's leading to his 50th, if I'm fortunate enough to see that day. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.