FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: CALUMET RIVER/ CHICAGO  (Read 2978 times)

abishop

CALUMET RIVER/ CHICAGO
« on: Jan 30, 2018, 01:35 PM »
GOING TO 87TH IN MORNING. HAVENT BEEN THERE IN A FEW YEARS. WILL KNOW THE FIRST 10 MINUTES IF THEY ARE THERE, OR IT IS A WASTE OF TIME. ANYONE BEEN LATELY? OR HAVE A REPORT???

abishop

Re: CALUMET RIVER/ CHICAGO
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2018, 03:50 PM »
NO ACTION TODAY. DIDNT C ANYONE ELSE EITHER. ONLY FISHED 1 HOUR     THAT WAS ENOUGH 4 ME. MAYBE NEXT TIME...

Mac Attack

« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2018, 05:06 PM »
Stop shouting.

abishop

« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2018, 06:23 PM »
Stop shouting.
sorry, didn't know cap letters was shouting hope you didn't get a head ache. lol

Mac Attack

« Reply #4 on: Jan 31, 2018, 06:49 PM »
 8)

abishop

« Reply #5 on: Feb 17, 2018, 09:25 AM »
If anyone wants to give it a try sometime next week, give me a text and we could meet up.

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #6 on: Feb 20, 2018, 02:05 PM »
GOING TO 87TH IN MORNING. HAVENT BEEN THERE IN A FEW YEARS. WILL KNOW THE FIRST 10 MINUTES IF THEY ARE THERE, OR IT IS A WASTE OF TIME. ANYONE BEEN LATELY? OR HAVE A REPORT???

I wouldnt hold true to "will know if they are there in 10 minutes".. there have been many times i couldnt buy a fish for 2,3,4 hours.... keep searching and BAM. Limits just 60-90 minutes later. Sometimes they are in preculair spots, sometimes they like traditional ice fishing presentations. Sometmes they like a flash, yes, even in winter months.
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

shermanpup

« Reply #7 on: Feb 23, 2018, 10:49 AM »
Interesting . I didn't think there were many fish in the Calumet . Met some cute girls in Cal City back in the days!

abishop

« Reply #8 on: Feb 23, 2018, 11:28 AM »
Anyone getting any perch lately?

abishop

« Reply #9 on: Mar 10, 2018, 08:28 AM »
ANYONE HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT THE PERCH? THIS TIME OF YEAR ONE NEVER KNOWS WHERE TO TRY.

wallin

« Reply #10 on: Mar 10, 2018, 12:04 PM »
 :-X
Wallin

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #11 on: Mar 10, 2018, 12:07 PM »
Heard they are getting fish. Size and limits, depends on the day it seems
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

kfishdoctor

« Reply #12 on: Mar 11, 2018, 08:54 AM »
87th is shut down and I found out sat that 89th is too. I can confirm the 87th is fact. Drove by 2 weeks ago and signs were posted. It was fun this past fall but tis done. >:(

abishop

« Reply #13 on: Mar 11, 2018, 09:27 AM »
87th is shut down and I found out sat that 89th is too. I can confirm the 87th is fact. Drove by 2 weeks ago and signs were posted. It was fun this past fall but tis done. >:(
That is what I thought as well. I was there a couple weeks ago for the first time. All I was a sign on a green fence saying NO TRESSPASSING. Not ever being there I didn't want to take a chance on going to jail or get a fine. So went and parked by the old scrap iron yard and found out that it is closed down as well. You can still park there (I hope), and walk down the tracks to the river 2 fish. I would like to have a report when they are back in cause it is about 55 miles 1 way for me. I haven't worked in a while so the pennies on gar help. Thanks 4 ur help.

kfishdoctor

« Reply #14 on: Mar 11, 2018, 10:07 AM »
New sign says
NO TRESSPASSING
NO FISHING
FISH ADVISIORY
DANGEROUS WATER

if I remember correctly. The city says someone dumped 55 gal drums of highly toxic waste in it. I spoke with (someone in the know) who said it was the goofs that ice fish it caused the shutdown. US steel does not want any law suits stemming from someone goin in and not getting out. Open water you could get out. A problem on the floating ice pack that it was, your not getting out. Either way I think they were wanting it shut down any ole way they could do it. To my knowledge no one ever died there but it was going to happen ice or open water. It stincks but its probably for the best. Another fishin memory! :(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.