FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: abu garcia 5500c  (Read 1172 times)

geo315

• My favorite place.
abu garcia 5500c
« on: Apr 24, 2018, 08:05 AM »
I have a 5500c and it screams when I cast.  Oiled it up but still screams.  Any ideas? Geo.

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
Re: abu garcia 5500c
« Reply #1 on: Apr 24, 2018, 09:13 AM »
A screaming noise usually implies that the pinion gear isn't disengaging completely. Probably needs a good cleaning and then oil on the bearings and grease on the gear teeth.   ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

geo315

• My favorite place.
« Reply #2 on: Apr 24, 2018, 09:18 AM »
A screaming noise usually implies that the pinion gear isn't disengaging completely. Probably needs a good cleaning and then oil on the bearings and grease on the gear teeth.   ;D
ok, thanks.  I will check the gear. Geo.

geo315

• My favorite place.
« Reply #3 on: Apr 24, 2018, 02:40 PM »
Well I tore it down to pieces.  Cleaned every piece.  Re assembled it greasing as I went. Actually, this was the first time I tore it down completely.  Usually just oil it up. quess what it worked. Thanks for the motivation to do it right. Geo.   ps.  those tiny little "c" spring clips fly pretty far when they get away.

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #4 on: Apr 24, 2018, 04:27 PM »
Yes, they do fly. Sometimes never to be seen again!

Glad you got it working.   ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.