FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Engine issue - 90hp Johnson  (Read 7672 times)

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
Re: Engine issue - 90hp Johnson
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2018, 10:09 AM »
Thats awesome Mac!

I am looking forward to taking him on the boat this season and helping me out digging some clams. Nice smallie!

I actually just got the call the the motor is fixed. I was told she is running like new and the issue was 2 gunked up carbs, 2 were fine. Exactly what i was expecting to be honest. And honestly, the cost was 50% less than i expected. I was expecting a $500 - $600 bill and it was $250. Now i need to order new seats for the bench as well as front and back from bassboatseats.com. I can get all 5 for under $400. I also think my aerator needs to be changed. The last thing i would like to do is buy the correct wiring for my Lowrance Elite 9 and add it to my bass boat with a swing arm. I already have the unit so I would really just need the cord for the power and the cord for the unit. Having some trouble finding the right ones. This would be great as i can then use the gps/fishfinder it on both of my boats.
Wicked Wec

boondox

« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2018, 10:50 AM »

And honestly, the cost was 50% less than i expected. I was expecting a $500 - $600 bill and it was $250.

Sharps that's excellent to hear! As long as the wind don't hamper fishing..  teach that boy the finer things in life.. like how to enjoy your self.. I am Glad you saved a lot on the carb rebuilds.. cause shop rates can be astronomical..  seen a few that are $80 to $120 a hour around here.. that's for suspension work.. on a auto mobile.. wich can be just as easy as carb work depending on what your doing..

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2018, 11:19 AM »
Thanks boondox.

All of the marinas charge $110-$120 per hour around me. This is why $250 was actually pretty shocking to me. I am sure its fairly easy but now my worries are behind me and vacation is looking even better. Few more things to get her in top shape and its game on.
Wicked Wec

boondox

« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2018, 01:16 PM »
Worst part is its all quoted in hours of labor and regulated by the state here.. there are soft ware that estimates hours need to r&r wich is remove and replace  or remove and repair depending if it's a auto mechanic or auto body??  Best to know aprox hours  required  for guestimate..  if being ripped off in michigan..  there is two column you can find for hours one is reg duty fixes and one extream duty like if fasteners are rusted or gulded etc.. but any how it's done and behind you which is the best part ..

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2018, 10:33 AM »
as long as it gets fixed so you can get back in the saddle man.  hope they dont ride you too hard at "the shop".

Got her back yesterday and she sounded good. Going to try and get her out for a run this weekend to make sure all is well for the big lake.
Wicked Wec

Mac Attack

« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2018, 01:12 PM »
 :thumbup_smilie:

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2018, 08:40 AM »
Man.... sitting here counting down the days until vacation. Motor is good and just ordered my set of new seats yesterday.... bench, front and back. I thought the aerator was dead but that's working as well. Lights are good, trolling motor only has 5 hours on it, and she has  fresh coat of non stick epoxy. Ready to roll! Oh yeah, and a new trolling motor battery. I will post pictures once the seats are installed. 25 days left.
Wicked Wec

lowaccord66

« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2018, 03:04 PM »
Man.... sitting here counting down the days until vacation. Motor is good and just ordered my set of new seats yesterday.... bench, front and back. I thought the aerator was dead but that's working as well. Lights are good, trolling motor only has 5 hours on it, and she has  fresh coat of non stick epoxy. Ready to roll! Oh yeah, and a new trolling motor battery. I will post pictures once the seats are instralled. 25 days left.

Very cool!

taxid

« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2018, 05:14 PM »
Man.... sitting here counting down the days until vacation. Motor is good and just ordered my set of new seats yesterday.... bench, front and back. I thought the aerator was dead but that's working as well. Lights are good, trolling motor only has 5 hours on it, and she has  fresh coat of non stick epoxy. Ready to roll! Oh yeah, and a new trolling motor battery. I will post pictures once the seats are installed. 25 days left.

Great to hear! I'm counting off the days myself!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Mac Attack

« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2018, 05:45 PM »
Yup - 6/23 I leave for Canada with my Lund for a week.
On an Island in a remote lake.
Only accessible by boat or plane.
And the boat trip is a 2 part trip.
Up a river, then they portage your rig up over a dam.
Then further up the river and out into the lake.
No cell phones or internet.
Awesome!!!

https://island10.com/

Can't wait.

lowaccord66

« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2018, 08:32 PM »
This weekend is a big one for me.  Ill be down at the canal trying to beat last years 44# striper. 

Mac that sounds like fun.  Mike that winni trip sounds good!

taxid

« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2018, 09:06 PM »
Wow 44 pound striper! That's a big fish!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

lowaccord66

« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2018, 09:59 AM »
Wow 44 pound striper! That's a big fish!

The largest I released unweighed was 52" probably 48-49 pounds as she was a skinny girl.  50lbs is the goal.

Roccus

« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2018, 11:06 AM »
The largest I released unweighed was 52" probably 48-49 pounds as she was a skinny girl.  50lbs is the goal.
.. the big fish pipe line has been quiet this season... last season there were a lot of big fish around early.. at least your goal is realistically attainable..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.