FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: White Perch Run and some bass trips.  (Read 1487 times)

PIKE FISHERMAN

• Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based fishing.
White Perch Run and some bass trips.
« on: May 09, 2018, 06:31 PM »
Here a few 5 minute videos from my last few outings. One was from when my brother and I fished the local white perch run, and picked up a bunch of spawning males, some of which were pushing 13-14". This is a spot that holds one of my earliest, and favorite fishing memories as we grew up fishing here with my parents. The next two are from a few recent bass trips. One was from a canoe, the the other from a new lake, both being ice out conditions. Hoping to be able to get some trout outings soon, my local river has been running 25,000CFS. About 20,000 faster than I normally fish it.

White Perch Run: https://youtu.be/5nJgcmlkJD8

Canoe Bass Trip: https://youtu.be/wYf5OjqC5Wc

New Lake Bass Trip: https://youtu.be/KBCCftGEQZQ
Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based bass, pike, fly fishing, brook fishing, trolling and ice fishing. Hope to see you on the water somewhere!!

franklin fisher

Re: White Perch Run and some bass trips.
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 06:53 PM »
  Looks like a good time fishing for the White Perch there.  That pond has been a pretty good spot for them for me.

PIKE FISHERMAN

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 07:22 PM »
Has been good to us too! We unfortunately missed the big females, either a day early, or day or two late.
Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based bass, pike, fly fishing, brook fishing, trolling and ice fishing. Hope to see you on the water somewhere!!

shrinkage

• I Fish Therefore I Am
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 05:07 PM »
Cool vids, i think alot of us grew up filling buckets of white perch. My father used to clean em and cook em. Really tasty fare. Havent eaten one in 40 years probably.

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2018, 11:27 AM »
Like the white perch vid, Josh.  The folks on the other bank didn't seem to be catching much.

Those perch are big time fun on a 5-weight 8)

PIKE FISHERMAN

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2018, 07:59 AM »
Cool vids, i think alot of us grew up filling buckets of white perch. My father used to clean em and cook em. Really tasty fare. Havent eaten one in 40 years probably.
They are great for kids to learn on. Especially when they concentrate in streams like this.

PIKE FISHERMAN

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2018, 08:01 AM »
Like the white perch vid, Josh.  The folks on the other bank didn't seem to be catching much.

Those perch are big time fun on a 5-weight 8)
They weren’t getting as much as we were!!! If there wasn’t so many people I would have tried to use the fly rod .

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.