FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Funny boat ramp video!  (Read 2661 times)

taxid

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Mac Attack

Re: Funny boat ramp video!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 09:15 AM »
awesome

taxid

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 09:22 AM »
And sadly not that far from the truth.

Someone once told me if you want good entertainment set up a lawn chair with some popcorn near a big busy boat ramp.  ;D
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 10:21 AM »
Takes me 2 - 4 minutes to launch or pull out. I have seen people take 30 minutes. Cant back up trailer straight. Cant drive boat onto trailer because of current. Cant reach front hook. Do not want to get wet by going into water. Engine is still locked in the back. Plug not in. List goes on for days but the ones that really get me are the ones that back up and THEN attach the ropes, take straps off, put plug in. etc..... All reasons why I prefer to fish during the week days.

Funny side story seen someone put there boat in with straps still on and kept backing up because the boat was not lifting/floating. long story short the entire boat was flooded and they just took off and went home. hahaha! Felt bad but man were we dying laughing. Was not easy for them to get back up the ramp either with the extra 1000K lbs of water.
Wicked Wec

bigal409

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 10:40 AM »
neat video.  :thumbup_smilie:

lowaccord66

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 03:51 PM »
I think everyone whos had a boat can recall at least 1 or 2 traumatizing launch moments.  I can admit to breaking my strap last year having forgotten to remove it.

taxid

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 08:05 PM »
Yeah had the plug out once launching and yelled to the driver pull it out pull it out as the boat flooded. Also forgot to take the back straps off and couldn't figure out why the d**n boat wouldn't come off the trailer!  ;D

But as far as backing in never had any issues there unless the ramp was crap which sometimes they are.

fishinator

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2018, 05:49 PM »
what's facebook?

filetandrelease

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2018, 06:29 PM »

That was funny , my boat floats my trailer lmao , forgot to unhook the stern tie down straps , and right in front of 2 buds , omg did I get busted on , it was great 🤪

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2018, 09:35 PM »
if anyone says they've never done something stupid at the launch....they're "lying fishermen"...i may or may not have had more than one stupid moment. ;D
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

taxid

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2018, 09:41 PM »
That was funny , my boat floats my trailer lmao , forgot to unhook the stern tie down straps , and right in front of 2 buds , omg did I get busted on , it was great 🤪

And I bet they still bring it up!  ;D

seamonkey84

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2018, 12:15 AM »
Just last Friday, I’m with my buddy in his truck, we get to the boat launch, got lined up and backed right in. We got out to unhook and grab the dock line when we realized we forgot to undo the straps holding it to the trailer, and the trailer is floating with the boat.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

filetandrelease

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2018, 04:37 AM »
And I bet they still bring it up!  ;D
Omg my buds are absolutely ruthless , great guys lmao ,,

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2018, 08:13 AM »
My new to me big boat uses a transom saver which I never needed before with my other boat. So the first day I get the boat wet, all goes well, I pull the boat out of the launch afterwards and start buttoning it up, taking off my downriggers, stowing all my gear... I put the straps on and the transom saver, then walk around and notice the boat is not all the way to the bow stop. I can't crank it more, so I need to float it again. I take the straps off and float the boat, then crank the winch. Looks like it's all the way to the bow stop so I pull it up the ramp and hear "SNAP!!!" No idea why, I go back to see my transom saver laying in pieces on the launch. I never took it off before trying to readjust the boat on the trailer, so when I winched it up it broke. I have also just about sank a boat at the launch by forgetting the plug- that isn't even noteworthy.

Mac Attack

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2018, 08:19 AM »
My new to me big boat uses a transom saver which I never needed before with my other boat. So the first day I get the boat wet, all goes well, I pull the boat out of the launch afterwards and start buttoning it up, taking off my downriggers, stowing all my gear... I put the straps on and the transom saver, then walk around and notice the boat is not all the way to the bow stop. I can't crank it more, so I need to float it again. I take the straps off and float the boat, then crank the winch. Looks like it's all the way to the bow stop so I pull it up the ramp and hear "SNAP!!!" No idea why, I go back to see my transom saver laying in pieces on the launch. I never took it off before trying to readjust the boat on the trailer, so when I winched it up it broke. I have also just about sank a boat at the launch by forgetting the plug- that isn't even noteworthy.

Yup!
Same here partner.
Never used a transom saver.

First trip with it on forgot to remove it.
Boat wouldn't come off the trailer.
Couldn't figure it out.
We pulled like crazy on the ropes.
Pulled it back out and the transom saver's mount on the trailer was all busted and bent to $hip.

And have done the plug thing too many times to count over the 40+ years I've owned boats.

We all have stories.
lol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.