FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Annual Inlet trip  (Read 1477 times)

mcarey97

Annual Inlet trip
« on: Aug 12, 2018, 11:32 AM »
Spent the last week up in the adk inlet area.   Spent a ton of time on 4th 7th and brown tract
Caught my fair share of bass, lot of 10-12 inchers.  Handful of nice ones up around 3 lbs.  lot of drop shotting and Ned rigs    Friday went out on to 4th lake, stood on a giant rock in the middle of the lake, tied my kayak to me so it didn’t float away and caught 20 +\- smallies in the middle of the day with sun beating down and boats all over the place     

Swampking89

Re: Annual Inlet trip
« Reply #1 on: Aug 12, 2018, 11:34 AM »
Nice job mcarey!!

gotabig1

« Reply #2 on: Aug 12, 2018, 11:50 AM »
I love the look of those dark Adk Smallies

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Aug 12, 2018, 12:57 PM »
Looks and sounds like a great time...
Congratulations..... :thumbup_smilie:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

buffaloice

« Reply #4 on: Aug 12, 2018, 11:43 PM »
Nice! We are headed up this week to stay @ 8th Lake campground. 1st time there. Anyone have any hints for 8th or any other bodies of water in the area? Ill have my kayak and would like to explore a little. I prefer secluded lakes with little or no motor boat activity. Thanks!

xc600

• ADK
« Reply #5 on: Aug 13, 2018, 07:25 AM »
Hey Buff I've had  some luck on 8th yak trolling with lake clear wobbler and half a crawler, around drops. 7th lake for me is the usual small perch, rockies, and smallmouths with spinners, worms. and perch raps. I tend to stay near shore on 7th can get choppy at times. Great area been going there for over 50 years, you can also take a nice hike up to Bug Lake and Eagle nest.

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
« Reply #6 on: Aug 13, 2018, 08:09 PM »
Spent the last week up in the adk inlet area.   Spent a ton of time on 4th 7th and brown tract
Caught my fair share of bass, lot of 10-12 inchers.  Handful of nice ones up around 3 lbs.  lot of drop shotting and Ned rigs    Friday went out on to 4th lake, stood on a giant rock in the middle of the lake, tied my kayak to me so it didn’t float away and caught 20 +\- smallies in the middle of the day with sun beating down and boats all over the place     

awesome smb and pics...looks like a great trip for you...i'd like to take my kayak up there some time...looks great.
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

buffaloice

« Reply #7 on: Aug 13, 2018, 08:20 PM »
Thanks for the tips Xc!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.