FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fall bluegills 11/8  (Read 2634 times)

princecraft

Fall bluegills 11/8
« on: Nov 08, 2018, 06:43 PM »
Caught these 25 gills from 2:30-5:15 this afternoon.  Most were caught in 27 fow. 

LundProv

Re: Fall bluegills 11/8
« Reply #1 on: Nov 08, 2018, 09:16 PM »
Nice catch -- curious as to technique - drop shot? crickets? red worms? similar technique may be applicable for some of us on other bodies of water...

filetandrelease

« Reply #2 on: Nov 09, 2018, 05:37 AM »

Nice gill 🎣

princecraft

« Reply #3 on: Nov 09, 2018, 05:38 AM »
Nice catch -- curious as to technique - drop shot? crickets? red worms? similar technique may be applicable for some of us on other bodies of water...
Same presentation as the 11/3 post.  No red worms, just crickets

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #4 on: Nov 09, 2018, 08:18 AM »
Way to go Prince!!! I know if I'd gotten myself out there I would have caught some too. Been duck hunting, "Looking " instead.
Winterized my motor Sunday.
Nice fish!
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

taxid

« Reply #5 on: Nov 09, 2018, 10:43 AM »
nice mess! good job!  wonder how those crickets like that 27 fow. lol

Must suck to be a cricket!

Hey Tim trout harvest is over. 140 trout in the freezer shrink wrapped and labeled by species, length, and weight ready for sale. I think I've got at least 75 still swimming in the pond. Will be hatching in my basement again in a few weeks.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #6 on: Nov 09, 2018, 10:44 AM »
Caught these 25 gills from 2:30-5:15 this afternoon.  Most were caught in 27 fow. 

Very nice healthy fish. Reminds me of gills from Clear Lake east of Fremont.

Thanks for sharing!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

tater140

« Reply #7 on: Nov 09, 2018, 10:50 AM »
Makes me wander if crickets would be effective ice fishing?  Anyone ever tried that out?

Oh great, then I would have one more thing to haul out on the ice.... A heated Cricket house!!

taxid

« Reply #8 on: Nov 09, 2018, 04:24 PM »
Makes me wander if crickets would be effective ice fishing?  Anyone ever tried that out?

Oh great, then I would have one more thing to haul out on the ice.... A heated Cricket house!!

You don't have one? I thought we all did.  :rotflol:

gilldan

« Reply #9 on: Nov 09, 2018, 07:57 PM »
Glad you had a good day.  Keep up the good work.

rivereddy

« Reply #10 on: Nov 09, 2018, 08:50 PM »
Mighty fine eatin' there, that's a sure bet.

fish on,

rivereddy

seamonkey84

« Reply #11 on: Nov 10, 2018, 08:21 PM »

Thundermist lure YouTube channel had a video with fishing crickets and worms side by side, the crickets didn’t perform very well. The worms at least resemble seasonal forage. 
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

princecraft

« Reply #12 on: Nov 10, 2018, 10:20 PM »
Thundermist lure YouTube channel had a video with fishing crickets and worms side by side, the crickets didn’t perform very well. The worms at least resemble seasonal forage.

I know you can buy crickets online and I sure would like to buy some 1/2 inch crickets for ice fishing and try them out.  I can't believe they wouldn't catch fish. 

seamonkey84

« Reply #13 on: Nov 11, 2018, 12:05 AM »
If you have a pet store near you, most of them sell crickets. Petco has sm md and lg sizes too. Also a source of wax worms and meal worms.
Unless you need bulk amounts, shipping cost will far outweigh a trip to a pet store.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.