FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Happy New Year  (Read 1535 times)

bogtrotter

Happy New Year
« on: Jan 01, 2019, 04:00 PM »
I haven't been out on any of the rivers in my neck of the woods since around Thanksgiving - - partly due to a hole in my waders, partly to the siren song of ice fishing on the local lakes and ponds that we've enjoyed here (in the northern Berkshires) this season, and partly to the high waters from all the rain we've had in between our cold spells.

Today, I had been planning to go ice fishing on either Plainfield Pond or at the DAR, but the relatively warm temps and rain this morning (which the weathermen made sound like it would  last all day) coupled with howling winds made that prospect less than attractive,  so I contented myself with putting the finishing touches on mending my waders.

Then, still wanting to christen my new fishing license, but reluctant to test my luck on any of the rivers (which were roaring with all of the rain we had), I decided to "think small" and fished three brooks instead.

I did pretty well on the first (with the "big" fish of the day topping out at 9 inches long) but got skunked on the other two.

Thankfully, my home-made repairs to my waders held.  Knock on wood. (Handy I am not).

As a bonus, the "can fairies" (those kindly woodland sprites that strew the woods and waters with cans so that fishermen like yours truly can pick them up and collect the nickel deposit) were unusually generous today.  I was able to gather enough cans to pay out the next time I lose a game of pill pool.

zwiggles

Re: Happy New Year
« Reply #1 on: Jan 01, 2019, 09:31 PM »
Happy new year bogtrogger!

At least you beat the skunk, and got a nice pay out from the sprites. Thanks for cleaning up, and the report.

wally13

Re: Happy New Year
« Reply #2 on: Jan 01, 2019, 10:18 PM »
HAPPY NEW YEAR

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.