FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Catfishing NY - video  (Read 2532 times)

brabbuhl

Catfishing NY - video
« on: Aug 31, 2012, 08:35 AM »
I just moved back up to NY from NC, and I have been looking for places to Catfish.  I have a lot of action in the Hudson, but the fish are generally small, and you can't eat them. 

Here is a video I put together the other day:

http://youtu.be/7D7euSbb9Qc

Any body else have any luck with big cats in the Hudson or Mohalk in NY? I noticed the state record was on Brant Lake, but I have never see anyone catch one their..weird

fontona19

Re: Catfishing NY - video
« Reply #1 on: Aug 31, 2012, 02:57 PM »
Good quality video man!  :thumbup_smilie:

180 Pro

« Reply #2 on: Sep 01, 2012, 07:20 AM »
Nice video! I love to catch cats, especially through the ice. It's hard to believe how many anglers dislike them, it's usually a pretty good fight and they taste great!

Aeaglos

« Reply #3 on: Sep 02, 2012, 01:49 PM »
Mohawk can be pretty good, I caught my PB channel near the rt 9 bridge! I also believe they are edible from there as well.

RoundLakeNY

« Reply #4 on: Sep 17, 2012, 02:51 PM »
those are decent fish,  but there is way bigger in the hudson.   what part are you fishing uppper or lower.  Upper I would assume because you cant eat them.

Huntny30

• "What ever you are, be a good one." Abe
« Reply #5 on: Sep 17, 2012, 03:03 PM »
I have caught some nice cats in Black Lake...one of my best fishing experiences was catching them on lighted bobbers there...looked like a torpedo coming at the boat under water...I use to catch lots of cats down in Virginia on the James River...nice video...
\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #6 on: Sep 25, 2012, 07:34 PM »
nice video for sure, looks like you are on the lower section of the Hudson River.
There are lots of BIGGER cats in the river. We mostly fish the Hudson above the Troy Dam in the C&R only section. Plus you'll find, like you don't already know, the bigg'ens come out at night.
We mostly do our catfish'n after dark.  ;)
Have fun and good luck, catfish are all up and down both rivers, Hudson and Mohawk Rivers.
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

Tommyboy1971

« Reply #7 on: Mar 26, 2013, 07:22 PM »
You want big cats, you gotta use big live baits.....like nice blue gills or crappie, hand sized..look for smaller streams meeting the big river, keep the bait live close to the bottom and next to undercuts.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.