FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Now I've seen it all  (Read 3942 times)

taxid

Now I've seen it all
« on: May 10, 2020, 11:37 AM »
Catching a bluegill on a drone.

And if the bluegills were so dumb why couldn't you catch any with a rod and reel?l!  :rotflol: Jeeze it doesn't get much easier than to catch bluegills off the beds!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

rebelss

• Northern's for Supper!
Re: Now I've seen it all
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2020, 11:41 AM »
I think the dumb one is on the other end of the rod......... ;D
"Time is here and gone"....The Doobies

taxid

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2020, 11:42 AM »
I think the dumb one is on the other end of the rod......... ;D

Absolutely. But at least he was entertaining to listen to.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

seamonkey84

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2020, 04:08 PM »
He caught a trout (or char) using a drone jigging through a hole in the ice. At least on the ice, If/when the drone went down it hit ice and not water lol. I’m honestly surprised fish came and ate with something flying overhead, a bird flying overhead as spooked trout longer than me splashing around.  Then again bluegills aren’t as finicky and if it’s deep enough away from shore.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

taxid

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2020, 05:38 PM »
He caught a trout (or char) using a drone jigging through a hole in the ice. At least on the ice, If/when the drone went down it hit ice and not water lol. I’m honestly surprised fish came and ate with something flying overhead, a bird flying overhead as spooked trout longer than me splashing around.  Then again bluegills aren’t as finicky and if it’s deep enough away from shore.

I think the reason the bluegill wasn't spooked is because it was guarding a bed. I've put my boat virtually on top of sunfish and have them not budge.

zwiggles

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2020, 07:10 PM »
His videos are fantastic, but I think this was more of “doing something different” for the youtubes.

I would definitely check out some More of his videos.

taxid

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2020, 09:58 PM »
I'd be more irked by the incessant whining sound. Reminds me of personal watercraft. Would be fun to load the boat with a shotgun. 3 1/2 inch magnums with Buckshot! 

taxid

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2020, 06:44 AM »
haha that would do it for sure.  mr green genes would frown upon that I think.

No open carry on the water? Gotta be prepared in case a muskrat assaults me!  Or "we were skeet shooting and I thought it was one of our clay pigeons!"

rebelss

• Northern's for Supper!
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2020, 08:59 AM »
Never can tell when yer gonna run into one of those mean beavers.  :whistling:

taxid

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2020, 04:45 PM »
Never can tell when yer gonna run into one of those mean beavers.  :whistling:

I miss the days of wild beavers.  :'(

Jack1972

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2020, 04:56 PM »
We use one of these for work.  The guy who operates it had to get licensed through the FAA.  These are NOT supposed to be flown over people without prior notification & permission.  The average Joe who gets one from Best Buy surely doesn't know this (or ignores if he does know).  And I'm not quite sure if the local Police would take this into their hands, but worth a call to the local PD if one is harassing you while your out doing your own thing.

They are not to be flown over moving vehicles either.

taxid

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2020, 06:33 PM »
there are people making jammers for them out of old electronic parts.

I still see them but cant touch. lol

Jammers?

seamonkey84

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2020, 07:11 PM »
No open carry on the water? Gotta be prepared in case a muskrat assaults me!
True story, happened to my buddy and I one time, thing nearly jumped in the boat. My buddy had his single shot 20ga with him...
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

rebelss

• Northern's for Supper!
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2020, 07:18 PM »
Jammers?

"Go get yer jammers on, then you can have yer milk and cookies before you go to bed".... :rotflol:

Electronic signal blocking device that blocks cell, RF, or other sigs, as in the ones used by those pesky drones.

seamonkey84

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2020, 10:20 PM »

like the guy crappie fishing at night in a shanty at turkey lake.  we heard boom boom boom and flashing lite inside this shanty.  a rat had come up his hole and tried to climb in his lap.  he pulled his sidearm and tried to shoot it. he missed. lol
Sounds like something my buddy would do  :rotflol:  he’s taken out a group of raccoons that way.  He said they were coming right at him when he was sitting under a tree waiting for a deer. He was glad he was carrying a 9mm that holds more rounds  ::)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.