FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2 days 2nice Smallies  (Read 1604 times)

Bassfishin1983

• Fishin Forever!!!
2 days 2nice Smallies
« on: Sep 19, 2008, 02:07 PM »

I know what all the bass fisherman are saying as they look at the pics. Why didnt he let them go after he took a pic. Well i have cuaght between 50-70 bass in the past 2 days and only kept these two. I am proud to say that these are the bigest small mouth i have cuaght and they will be going on the wall. I have a story for both of them and it will be great to tell over and over as people ask.
For The Love Of Fish !!!

troutchaser

Re: 2 days 2nice Smallies
« Reply #1 on: Sep 19, 2008, 02:50 PM »
what  was  the  weight    ---   nice  smallies     people  shouldnt have  too  much  of  a  problem     those  are   wall   mounters       i  would have done 1  not 2     but  thats  cause  they  will be  at  least  300  a  piece

forrest

• GO BLUE!!!
« Reply #2 on: Sep 20, 2008, 08:19 PM »
nice fish! What's the story?

fish_finder

« Reply #3 on: Sep 23, 2008, 11:07 AM »
Beautiful bass!
Fishing isn't a hobby it's an addiction

Bassfishin1983

• Fishin Forever!!!
« Reply #4 on: Sep 25, 2008, 07:16 PM »
Both of the fish in the pics where the first fish of the day. The bigger of the two was 20 inches. The story of the big would have made funny home videos if some wone would of cuaght it on camera. I was fish part of the mohawk/ erie cannal system near albany,NY. There is a 8 foot drop down the wall before you get to the water so it is hard to bigger fish up with out heavy line. I like to have a good time fighting smallies so I use 6 pound test. It first started when i hooked on a dobie and sent it in. I let it go to the bottom and went and started to set up my other rod. Befor I could pick up my other rod I heard the first one go scratching across the cement pier. I got to it just before it went in the drink. I picked it up and the was nothing there, so I held on for a couple mins and finnaly had another hook up. It wasnt 10 sec before the big girl came flying out of the water, over and over again. By now i am noticing it is one of the biggest bass I have ever had on. I fought the ig smallie for 10-15 minutes till it clicked. How am I going to get this fish up the wall.The big bass finally tired and i reeled it up to the wall. The only thought I had was to try to flip it up in the air on to the pier. So I reeled down to the fish as much as I could and siad the fishermans prayer, and gave it a yank. Apartly I was a little excited and pulled a little to hard , becuase the next thing I knew the fish was 6 foot over my head strait up over the water still.Dont forget 6 pound test. Just at the moment I noticed the fish over the water I heard the errry snap. My rod went limp and the fish was head downward. At the split sec. I droped my rod and threw out my hands. The next thing I knew there was a 20 in 5.5 pound smallie laying in my armes and I instintly gave it a big bear hug. It ended up the second biggest smallie I have ever cuaght . The Biggest was my first when I was 7 fishing with my dad on fathers day on Lake Ontario that went 21in and 5.7 pounds.
For The Love Of Fish !!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.