FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Dog Collar  (Read 2355 times)

Greg2ha

• Must fish for fun!
Dog Collar
« on: May 03, 2015, 05:02 PM »
My wife rescued a boxer lab mix in the fall and we have had him in 2 training classes. I own a 8 year old Golden and when we got her I bought electronic collar. With that being said the collar doesnt hold a charge for very long and come to find out the company either went out of business or sold to Petsafe. It had a lifetime warranty but I don't think they will honor it. The company was Innotek. Just wondered if I get new one what
brand and models people have been using. Thanks
Greg

BLACK ICE

Re: Dog Collar
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 06:19 PM »

I would think that if a company bought out another company, then they have to honor the product they bought. I know when Marcum was bought
         out the new owners honored the warranty. Good luck with your problem.

O

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 07:43 PM »
I would think Innotek would honor it, but if you buy a new one I have had great luck with Dogtra. Tritronics was pretty good too.

Greg2ha

• Must fish for fun!
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 12:25 PM »
They would not honor their warranty (Innotek) nor do they have replacement parts for them. They  (pet-safe) offered me 30% off new collar system. Now I have to find a new sytem.

ericmic1

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 01:25 PM »
You prolly just need a new battery.  You can often find repalcements for $10-20 online.

just did a google search and found... http://www.batteriesplus.com/models/584-0/5590-Dog-Collar-Batteries/Innotek.aspx

I have a dogtra and it has been fine...actually don't even need to turn it on, once dog sees it he is completely submissive.

-Eric

slamber

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 01:54 PM »
I replaced my 15 yr old Innotek last year. It finally died but I was very impressed with the service I got from that $150 collar; came out to 10 bucks a year and it was used heavily for most of that time. There was a couple years in the middle when I was between dogs but impressive anyway.

I replaced it with a Sportdog collar and have been happy with it so far. It's been used most every day since I got it (4-5 days out of every week) and I havn't had any issues.  I also have a Sportdog bark collar and it has also worked well, no issues. We'll see if I can get 15 years out of them; I'm not holding my breath, that Innotek I had probably set some kind of record.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.