FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: St. Joe River  (Read 3654 times)

bronzback

St. Joe River
« on: Mar 30, 2004, 09:01 AM »
Was just wondering if there are any reports around South Bend, Elkhart, Bristol area on the St. Joe.  Anyone see last Thursday's edition of the Elkhart Truth?  Biologist shocked a 9lb Walley at downtown Elkhart in the St. Joe.  Any Bass or Walleye reports are appreciated.  Haven't been on the river myself but will be shortly. 

FishinDog

Re: St. Joe River
« Reply #1 on: Mar 30, 2004, 10:18 AM »
I wouldn't mind a report myself. I plan on hitting the river on Friday, just haven't decided which side of twin branch to fish and for what.  Does anyone have a conditions report for the Elkhart area? I will let ya all know how it went...

Tightlines,
FishinDog...

AKAGAZOO

« Reply #2 on: Mar 30, 2004, 10:45 AM »
Though I didn't make it there last year I plan on fishing there this year. We put in at the Mcnaughton Park. I am not real familiar with this area. We have caught some decent bass and walleye along with cats out of this location in the past. This is a lenghtly drive for us and with gas near 2$ a gallon, it's a stretch.
h

splash

« Reply #3 on: Apr 03, 2004, 05:41 AM »
in fridays south bend paper it reports walleye being caught around johnson st. damin elkhart, channel cats and crappie above twin branh dam(crappie in back waters),and steelhead below twin branch dam.good luck

bronzback

« Reply #4 on: Apr 05, 2004, 09:18 AM »
I did see the Elkhart Truth report on the St. Joe fish count.  I saw the picture of the 9lb walleye taken where the St. Joe and the Elkhart converge.  NICE!  I'll probably be fishing from Six Span in couple of weeks.  Heard some good reports on Bass from the 26th of March and water temp was around 50.  We will see how it goes.  Thanks for the info.

Bronzback

FishinDog

« Reply #5 on: Apr 05, 2004, 10:47 AM »
Hit the 'Joe this weekend and did get 4 keeper walleye. Pink head/chart. body tipped with minnow was my receipe. Tried different weights and colors but ended up using a 3/16 oz head. I would not rate the fishing as great, but with some work they were catchable.

FishinDog...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.