FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: My Favorite Pic  (Read 10873 times)

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
My Favorite Pic
« on: Mar 30, 2004, 04:14 PM »
Jim C. of Maine took this pic of me fishing for brookies in Virginia's Shenandoah National Forest.  I scanned it and every now and then set this as my wallpaper at work because it really does help me escape, taking me back to one of the most tranquil spots that I've ever been.

Beautiful pic Jim, thanks... I treasure this one.

broken rod

• CPR
Re: My Favorite Pic
« Reply #1 on: Mar 30, 2004, 04:44 PM »
thats a beutiful spot reminds me of the trout streams here in wisconsin ;D
tight lines, chuck

fozsey

« Reply #2 on: Mar 30, 2004, 04:50 PM »
That is a nice pic Kevin. Does it help you forget about Bubblehead??  :D

fozsey

« Reply #3 on: Mar 30, 2004, 07:04 PM »
You had one of your img brackets in the wrong place...Just copy the "img" tag on the last line and add it to your post. You won't have to modify it in order to post your pic here.

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: Mar 30, 2004, 07:06 PM »
I have written and removed three attempts now.  This picture was taken by my really good friend Dan.  This was a camping/fishing trip in Northern Minnesota a couple years ago.  I thought it was him for a long time until I really studied it.  This picture was put on my computer as wallpaper like Kevin's and Scott asked if he could use it on MFF.

fozsey

« Reply #5 on: Mar 30, 2004, 07:12 PM »
Thats an awesome pic. It doesn't get much better than that. Very Nice.. ;)

fozsey

« Reply #6 on: Mar 30, 2004, 07:17 PM »
This might be too big...Here is one that I took last fall when we were going out fishing. It is a nontypical NE sunrise on the MO river.

I thought it had a pretty effect with the haze and the sunrise.

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #7 on: Mar 30, 2004, 08:48 PM »
I like those pics too, Mike and Foz...shaweeeeet!  Makes me forget about that 4 letter word (work)! 8)

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #8 on: Mar 30, 2004, 08:58 PM »
Awesome, Virginia is a great place, grow up there. Here are a few cool pictures of a little stream that I goto now in NY.

A little waterfall falling into the stream.

Had these on my computer for a while.
Enjoy, Camofish
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #9 on: Mar 31, 2004, 06:17 PM »
Foz,  that is a great pic!  :)  It reminds me of Top Gun. :)
Camo,  who needs to sit inside to go to church?

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #10 on: Apr 01, 2004, 09:42 AM »
Jim C. of Maine took this pic of me fishing for brookies in Virginia's Shenandoah National Forest.  I scanned it and every now and then set this as my wallpaper at work because it really does help me escape, taking me back to one of the most tranquil spots that I've ever been.

Beautiful pic Jim, thanks... I treasure this one.

Fat Boy, this pic sure does bring back memories!  A wet, foggy day filled with the scent of the damp woods.  Plenty of native brookies ablaze in their spawning colors, too.  These fish are survivors from a long gone glacial age....a treasure to be cherished and protected.  Honestly, in my neck of the woods in Maine, there are few spots to top this one.  Thanks for the memories.  Someday, I need to get back down there and we can visit the spot again.   ;D

Jim C.

Cider

« Reply #11 on: Apr 01, 2004, 11:07 AM »
Here are a few of mine taken in northern NH in 27,000 acres of undeveloped pristine wilderness.  This area borders Maine and the Magalloway River.  We go up twice a year: in the spring for fly fishing and in the fall for bird hunting.  The only sign of human intrusion in these woods are ten rustic cabins that that lack indoor plumbing and electricity...

My favorite cabin of them all is this 1920s logging camp which became a hunting camp throughout the years.  This is in the Hellgate gorge area.  It is 14 miles from the main gate in the middle of nowhere.  There is a rope suspension footbridge that crosses the Dead Diamond River into a meadow.  This cabin is across the meadow nestled into a stand of tall pines.  It has a great view from the front porch of the Hellgate Gorge falls and the Dead Diamond River.  At night, the stars are amazing...

This is a big bull that was crossing through the field one afternoon.  He was less than 50 yds from the front porch of the cabin!  You can see the falls in the background...

The falls at Hellgate Gorge on the Dead Diamond River...

Looking down the Dead Diamond from the footbridge...

Favorite grouse & woodcock covert along the Swift Diamond River...

This is Little Diamond Pond, a great brook and rainbow trout fishery...

vancouvercanuck

« Reply #12 on: Apr 01, 2004, 01:33 PM »
Great set of pictures all. I've always liked this one. First morning sun setting up for ice fishing.

And early morning rainbow fishing in the B.C. Interior "Beaver Lake"

"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

Robb

• Upstate NY
« Reply #13 on: Apr 01, 2004, 02:06 PM »
Here are some from my favorite place! Camp! Only 4 camps on the lake and full of Rainbows and Brookies. Great deer hunting also.

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #14 on: Apr 01, 2004, 05:20 PM »
Nice pics everyone.  Thanks.  They make a long hard day at work seem like a calm relaxing fishing day when I'm at lunch.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.