FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: early fall steel  (Read 4533 times)

The Rocket

Re: early fall steel
« Reply #15 on: Oct 11, 2004, 11:13 AM »
HUGE fish guys!! :o Bet your arms hurt after a while ;D
You can either be the type of person that spends a saturday watching Dr. Phil, eating tofu in your bachelor appartment, or you can be the type that goes fishing.... Your call....The bass are biting...

oakorchardfishking

• "Another satisfied WNY union member."
« Reply #16 on: Oct 12, 2004, 07:07 AM »
is that the mighty CATT. creek?

wny angler

« Reply #17 on: Oct 12, 2004, 03:28 PM »
is that the mighty CATT. creek?
   im not supposed to tell  :P,.but with the lack of rain lately aint none of the creeks around here  mighty anymore ::)

oakorchardfishking

• "Another satisfied WNY union member."
« Reply #18 on: Oct 12, 2004, 04:01 PM »
so true, so true... i do have to say though, that the catt. has been pretty giving considering the lack of rain! the oak is hard unless you want to mingle with the CLAN...lol upstream from the dam isnt too bad, but there are not any great numbers of fish ing there anyways! i heard the best place right now is olcott. i think i might check that out tonight! after the rain from thursday thru whenever.... we all should have more fishing than we can handle. something has to flush them out of the lakes! ;D

Bobman

• Whoa momma!!!
« Reply #19 on: Oct 13, 2004, 07:46 AM »
Another nice bunch of fish wny!  It's funny how kids will always make the sacrifice of carrying the stringer of fish for ya  ;).  By the way, I'm looking for some recipies for smoked steelhead.  If you get a chance to get the recipie from your brother-in-law can you post it on this site, I'd greatly appreciate it.  I'll be on vacation next week so it looks like I've finally timed something right with the rain we're supposed to be getting!  Keep those fish pics coming!
A lot of money is tainted, t'ain't mine and t'ain't yours!

wny angler

« Reply #20 on: Oct 14, 2004, 09:44 PM »
Another nice bunch of fish wny!  It's funny how kids will always make the sacrifice of carrying the stringer of fish for ya  ;).  By the way, I'm looking for some recipies for smoked steelhead.  If you get a chance to get the recipie from your brother-in-law can you post it on this site, I'd greatly appreciate it.  I'll be on vacation next week so it looks like I've finally timed something right with the rain we're supposed to be getting!  Keep those fish pics coming!

myself i used to smoke fish the old fashioned way -brine 12 hours in  water/salt /brown sugar mix, then  smoke the fish whole for 8 to 12 hours.

-------  ------       -------      ---------       -----  ------------    --------    ----------  ----   -------   -------
my brother inlaws recipe only requires 4 hours of smoking and tastes pretty good i think.

fillet fish / leave skin on and cut into sections

marinate overnite in the fridge
2 cups  soy sauce
1/2 cupo white wine
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp pepper
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tbsp garlic

smoke fish for 4 hours skin side down  then brush fillets with honey while warm
    chill and enjoy

Bobman

• Whoa momma!!!
« Reply #21 on: Oct 15, 2004, 09:53 AM »
wny - thanks for the recipe, it looks great.  The first steelie I get is bound for the smoker  :P!
A lot of money is tainted, t'ain't mine and t'ain't yours!

wny angler

« Reply #22 on: Oct 16, 2004, 04:33 PM »
so much for all the rain we were supposed to get,the streams are still low and crystal clear. still managed  to land more than my share of steelys today. :o
had to fish alone today which isnt quite as much fun as watching the kid land the big ones ,my fishing partner had a b-day party to attend ,i guess kids have to be kids sometimes. no monsters today but a bunch of good size 5 to 8 lbers ,released em all today

wny angler

« Reply #23 on: Oct 16, 2004, 04:45 PM »
Nice pics.  I know the feeling of taking pics when you are fishing by yourself as I mostly walleye fish by myself.  Must have been a real fun day.  The nice part about steelie fishing is you don't have to be there at daybreak because you can get em throughout the day.
thanks  s b,  the creek was pretty crowded this morning ,most of the other tribs are too low to fish so everyones fishing here. caught most of my fish after the crowds left around noon.

Bartman44

« Reply #24 on: Oct 16, 2004, 08:22 PM »
You're making me drool. Unfortunately, I can't get away and have to fish close to home. Best I can do now is get my glo bugs out and stare at them.

Thanks for the chrome.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.