FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Autum colors.. .pink,silver&brown  (Read 11639 times)

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
Re: Autum colors.. .pink,silver&brown
« Reply #30 on: Nov 10, 2004, 10:52 AM »
Very nice WNYA!  I enjoyed those pics very much.  Thanks.

wny angler

« Reply #31 on: Nov 10, 2004, 11:56 AM »
WNY....I recognize that creek from your pics.  How is the snagging situation this year?  Fished it twice last year and was disgusted both times watching scum snag browns, rip them open for their eggs, and then dump the carcasses in the bushes.  Supposed to go up the weekend of thanksgiving.  Haven't decided if I will yet or not.

i was there on a tuesday and it wasn't too bad except for a few dirtbags that were obviously lifting/snagging half dead salmon and some browns

had one guy walk rite up next to me with his kid and toss a big plain hook with a little bl;ack thread on it  and tried to snag a brown that was almost at my feet -what an idiot-the bad part is he was teaching his kid that looked to be maybe 8 yrs old to be a scumbag too.

it shouldn't be as bad by thanksgiving when the only salmon left are rotting ones-but there's always a few scumbags there

the one spot i was fishing there were so many salmon and trout i couldn't make a drift without foul hooking a fish so i moved to another spot

wny angler

« Reply #32 on: Nov 13, 2004, 07:49 PM »
   our favorite stream was back down and in perfect shape with a nice fish catchin green color.   brrrrrr! what a cold day    28 degrees when we started out today and it didn't get much warmer  -- but the steelhead action was hot .
    the fish were suprisingly strong and put up some serious resistance in the frigid waters. lost count of how many fish we landed but is was well over 50 between the 2 of us. no monsters but the fish were averaging 6 to 9 lbs.
       we ended the day releasing a nice 7lb male then headed for home-the fish were still biting when we left at 3:30 but we had enough- the fish realy worked us over today   :P

heres a few shots from todays adventure  :o

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #33 on: Nov 13, 2004, 09:17 PM »
Man, you got one h*ll of a fishery there. I love those silvery pictures. Awesome stuff, sounds like you guys are going to bed early tonight with wore out arms, backs, and legs, with some really cold fingers. Your pictures are grrrrrreat.  ;D
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

wny angler

« Reply #34 on: Nov 14, 2004, 05:56 PM »
after the great day we had yesterday we decided to sleep late today and take a ride in the afternoon out to one of the lk. ontario tribs to see if we could catch a few female browns for eggs. we arrived before noon to find the parking lot filled with cars -the water low and barely moving and very clear.the few fish that didnt drop back downstream or head up to ther dam pool  were consentrated in the few deeper pools and were surrounded by hoards of anglers .
      was the closest iv'e got to being skunked in a few years with the small number of fish left and the low clear conditions-crowds and bright skys -but still managed to hook into a few browns (fair hooked) but only landed one and a few smaller rainbows- the kid hooked into 4 rainbows but only landed one.
                      my only fair hooked brown today

the kids only landed fish

got a few more small ones like this

also foul hooked a few fish but -not into taking pictues of snagged or foul hooked fish or dead ones i find along the bank lol.   :P

camo_fish

« Reply #35 on: Nov 14, 2004, 08:41 PM »
Dead ones alone the banks, LOL  :P got to love those half rotten ones  :P

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #36 on: Nov 15, 2004, 12:46 PM »
Steelhead would be cool to catch... we only got pure rainbows here (actually most of them are half cutthroat half rainbow trout) Our rainbows average 3-4 lbs and it looks like your steelies average 5-8lbs. Our rainbows are definitely built different, ours are short, a 17" fish can easily be over 3 lbs, and your steelheads are longer and thinner like a brown is here. Do you find most of your fish on sandbars? That's where the rainbows really like it here.

Good luck in the future! The rainbow fishing is heating up for us as well  and should stay hot all winter!

Bartman44

« Reply #37 on: Nov 15, 2004, 04:27 PM »
Great pics and scenery again -  soon the snow will fall and you'll have to break the ice up on some of those holes.

wny angler

« Reply #38 on: Nov 15, 2004, 05:23 PM »
Steelhead would be cool to catch... we only got pure rainbows here (actually most of them are half cutthroat half rainbow trout) Our rainbows average 3-4 lbs and it looks like your steelies average 5-8lbs. Our rainbows are definitely built different, ours are short, a 17" fish can easily be over 3 lbs, and your steelheads are longer and thinner like a brown is here. Do you find most of your fish on sandbars? That's where the rainbows really like it here.

Good luck in the future! The rainbow fishing is heating up for us as well  and should stay hot all winter!
the steelys on the streams i fish average 5-8 lb's and measure around 24-28 inches -there a little more streamlined than regular bows-- occasionaly we get some 10-15 lb'rs that measure 30 to 35 inches  and even got a 37 incher once that weighed 22 lbs.

don't have any sand bars on these streams-- getting most of my fish from 4-5 ft deep gravel bottom runs with moderately swift current.  On the colder days i do better fishing the big deeper holes 5-7 ft deep with a little slower current.

continued good luck up there sounds like your getting into a lot of nice fish yourself  ;D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Great pics and scenery again - soon the snow will fall and you'll have to break the ice up on some of those holes.
          thanks 

not me man ---- when the streams start to ice up i hang up the long rods and start getting my icefishing gear ready  ;D used to do that but the fish don't fight as good then and my toes ,fingers and rod tip freeze.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    got out for 2hrs today-didn't have time to fish my favorite stream but still found a few willing  biters at this other creek. ;D
       hooked a dozen fish in 2 hrs but only landed 4 of e'm   :-\  forgot my one hook box at home and only had small size 14 hooks with me. the fish would just leap clear of the water when i hooked e'm - do a head shake and spit my bait back at me  :P

no big ones but i'm happy just to catch something  :laugh:

camo_fish

« Reply #39 on: Nov 15, 2004, 07:18 PM »
I love those browns.  :D Awesome fish.

perchfisher

• waitin' for a bite
« Reply #40 on: Nov 15, 2004, 08:35 PM »
those fish are so huge and pretty
-cole

wny angler

« Reply #41 on: Nov 16, 2004, 02:35 PM »
the kid had to take 1/2 day off from school to have his braces adjusted at the orthdontist so i figured he might as well take the whole day off and fish with me this morning. :P
had only 3.5 hrs to fish this morning and it was hard to leave with the nice fish we were getting into  ;D  3.5 hours never go's by that quick when your at work  ;)
                 first fish of the morning

the kid hooks into something big

after a tense 15 minute battle he beached the beast

didn't have a tape but the boots about 13 inches

got another decent fish shortly after losing a huge fish that looked to be about 15-17 lbs

the boy hooks and lands a big chrome steely

shortly after that fish the kid let me fish his spot and i land a nice chrome fish myself  :P

the fish were spooked after the last 2 fish so it took a little while before the kid hooked and landed another big one   :o

got another one

got a few small jacks too   ::)

last fish of the day

the fish didn't start biting til after 8 am -was cold this morning
       they were biting pretty after the water temps started warming.
can't wait till saturday we we have the whole day to fish  ;D

Bartman44

« Reply #42 on: Nov 16, 2004, 04:22 PM »
That's my kind of dental appointment. I take my kids on similiar appointments in May when the stripers are in town. You got into a nice pod there.

Jigwiggler

« Reply #43 on: Nov 16, 2004, 04:51 PM »
Way to be!!  Fishing as a kid was always that much sweeter if you were missing school to do it, regardless of the bite.  I was lucky as a kid, my father always said "There is no sense even going to school on a half day, you spend more time on the bus than you do in class.  We better go fishin'. "  ;D  Great fish!!
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

wny angler

« Reply #44 on: Nov 20, 2004, 04:32 PM »
    what a slow day on the creek today - the water was way to clear and the fish weren't very co operative-  :-\  i only hooked 11 today and landed 7  and the kid only landed  4 of the 7 fish he hooked into-mainly small ones

broke off a few real nice fish too   :(
   had to use real lite flourocarbon leaders in the clear water and the fish seem to know were every boulder or ledge is once there hooked .

here i am hooked up with a huge steelhead that was well over 30 inches
               after a 10 minute battle he hung me around a boulder-SNAP :-[

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.