FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Just fishing- update Pg 3 5/16-5/18 crappie/gill/carp  (Read 6600 times)

Reel Wet Ride

• Team Michigan
Re: 4/9 SMallie fishin' SOME HOGS!
« Reply #15 on: Apr 12, 2006, 10:06 AM »
After typing and re-typing on this topic, I've finally decided to keep it very very simple.
I'm competly for spring bass fishing and completly against keeping them. Especially when from the sounds of it they are two mature fish that provide quality breeding stock to that body of water.

If a body of water is overpopulated with small fish, you don't keep the pigs to bring back the balance, you keep the small fish.

walleye1

« Reply #16 on: Apr 12, 2006, 10:31 AM »
Lol slip up there- almost all lakes are closed in ct, due to trout stocking, BUT private ponds are open at disclosure of the group ownign them- this particular spot has 30 or 35 members that consist of the houses on the lake. Not a deep lake but deffinately clean.  I liek to eat bass and every season I keep a couple- I know people who go and get there limit every weekend on slightly bigger lakes and the onyl time i keep fish is to eat- I guarantee I c&r 90 percent of the fish i catch- Im not trying to make enemies on this site cuz its great but tyr and not be a dick about that. I dont come into the woods and say not a very nice person for shooting a deer or turkey- that is if you hunt.

No need to explain yourself to me dude. As long as it's legal, keeping a few fish to eat is fine by me! Nice smallies by the way.

Nickp

« Reply #17 on: Apr 12, 2006, 07:40 PM »
As far as I know the size limit told to me by my uncle is 10in for bass and anything else size doesnt matter, trust me I have no problem keeping a few dozen tiny smallies wether for food or fertilizer but I try and obey rules. I wrote this topic after a very long day of school work, track meet, and the like. no harm done

blaque

« Reply #18 on: Apr 13, 2006, 06:56 AM »
Ya know what Nick.........I almost took your side there for a minute till you mentioned using your catch for fertilizer. Now im just shakin my head. Fact it may even be that you said that on purpose to ruffle a few feathers. Shame shame.........no living thing deserves to be harvested to be whipped in the dirt and rot.......have a little more respect for gods creations.

Nickp

« Reply #19 on: Apr 13, 2006, 07:37 PM »
You got me wrong brother- one of the fish pictured is a wall fisha dnt he other is down the toilet and passed by my system..... the fertilizer joke was if I was allowed to keep 6in smallies to help out the lakes population, wow so antsy on this site.

crappie66

• BOILER UP
« Reply #20 on: Apr 16, 2006, 02:31 AM »
It baffles me that so many people are anti keeping bass.  It is these people who are to blame for the lakes being over populated with small bass.  Remove some of the bigger ones, so those little sub legal bass can grow and get big.  Catch and release sounds great in theory, but stop being idealistic and step into the realistic side of things.  If you release them all, the food supply is consumed, and then what.......oh we already know, a lake full of stunted sub legal bass.  That is the reason the DNR puts limits on bass, they aren't just guessing when they make creel limits, they know what they are doing, and they know that some of the fish have to be harvested to keep fish populations in check.  I will also let it be known, if I am fishing a body of water that I know has a decent bass population, I will keep every one of them that keeps me within the legal limits, however, I don't eat them, others I know love to eat them.

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #21 on: Apr 16, 2006, 08:17 PM »
Thats a great idea.....do you also buy deer tags a shoot your limit, and leave them in the woods to rot... ???

I have nothing againts guys who take home their limit in Bass...but if you are not mounting or eating them. I disgaree with it

Nickp

« Reply #22 on: Apr 16, 2006, 08:49 PM »
LEARN TO READ

I AM MOUNTING IT AND I AM EATING IT YOU RETARDS

I said I WILL NOT TAKE A BUNCH OF ILLEGAL 6IN BASS AND PUT THEM IN A GARDEN

LEARN TO READ AND STOP BEING RETARDED

MAYBE YOU WILL UNDERSTAND THIS GIGANTIC FING FONT.

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #23 on: Apr 17, 2006, 07:47 AM »
Well, Im not going to use big font because I dont think it will help you....if you would have read the post above mine, you would realize that Im responding to Crappie66...

why is everything always about you...LOL  ;D

Nickp

« Reply #24 on: Apr 17, 2006, 08:11 AM »
lol sorry- looks like i need to read tooo

no harm done?

blaque

« Reply #25 on: Apr 17, 2006, 10:25 AM »
Hows that foot taste Nick HEHEHE :-*

crappie66

• BOILER UP
« Reply #26 on: Apr 18, 2006, 01:02 PM »
Thats a great idea.....do you also buy deer tags a shoot your limit, and leave them in the woods to rot... ???

I have nothing againts guys who take home their limit in Bass...but if you are not mounting or eating them. I disgaree with it

I am not sure what you are implying.

The fish are never wasted.  I work with several people who love bass for some reason.  So I bring them the fillets, and in the winter they always seem to bring me deer jerky or summer sausage. 

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #27 on: Apr 18, 2006, 06:08 PM »
Now it's my turn to take my foot out of my mouth....Crappie66.. I read your post as if you were saying that  you keep all those bass to throw away since you said you did not eat them....The part about your friends liking Bass I thought was just a general statement, I did not make the link that you gave your fish to them to eat

all apologies

Nickp

« Reply #28 on: Apr 18, 2006, 07:40 PM »
20 in opening day bow from saturday afternoon- took a drifted nightcrawler

The scale kept goin back and forth between 3 and 9/10's lb's and 4.0lb's

fat and loaded with snails of all things

Nickp

« Reply #29 on: Apr 18, 2006, 07:42 PM »

forgot the image

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum