FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Weed treatment on Caz lake  (Read 1555 times)

fishman

Weed treatment on Caz lake
« on: Jun 04, 2009, 02:58 PM »
ok, so finally the lake is being fixed up with a $288,000 weed treatment plan.. they will be using Renovate as the chemical killer.  my question is do you think that the weed killing, since it is targeting the north end now, will affect ice fishing this coming winter?  i have heard people say that will weed killing helps fishing in summer it can hurt it in winter? any ideas
fishman

oh, here are some links about it:
http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2009/04/cazenovia_takes_on_milfoil_wit.html
http://blog.syracuse.com/east/2009/06/cazenovia_to_begin_applying_we.html
http://townofcazenovia.org/content/Generic/View/37:field=documents;/content/Documents/File/305.pdf
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\\\\\\\'d be a shortage of fishing poles

bullfrog

• Keep your rod loaded
Re: Weed treatment on Caz lake
« Reply #1 on: Jun 04, 2009, 03:24 PM »
  i'm not sure i want to eat those fish,  anyone else   

greg42

« Reply #2 on: Jun 04, 2009, 03:42 PM »
Cazenovia is a private lake owned by the residents of Caz. Never you mind whats going on there.........
 Ding, ding, ding let round 1 begin.....

fishman

« Reply #3 on: Jun 04, 2009, 03:45 PM »
i know it's "private" but i was wondering what the effects may be
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\\\\\\\'d be a shortage of fishing poles

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #4 on: Jun 05, 2009, 06:50 PM »
Cazenovia is a private lake owned by the residents of Caz. Never you mind whats going on there.........
 Ding, ding, ding let round 1 begin.....
I'll still hammer the fish in there no matter what. And i don't even live in that county. :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
Nice job findin em

MeatHunter737

• GutPileStyle
« Reply #5 on: Jun 06, 2009, 06:12 AM »
I'm no scientist....but it seems by Feb. the O2 levels could be dangerously low if a percentage of the weeds are gone....

slamboney

• hook em so hard they go cross eyed!!
« Reply #6 on: Jun 06, 2009, 08:52 PM »
Weeds are habitat for the fish and part of the food chain that makes that lake the great fishery it is. Killing all the weeds is going to hurt the fishery no doubt.  It's all about making the lake better for lake residents, who want a pool not a living lake, with no concern for the fishery.  It's sad.   
shut up and fish

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.