FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: WNY Fishing  (Read 2125 times)

chiefcatchemall

• over the rail and in the pail
WNY Fishing
« on: Oct 16, 2009, 12:53 PM »
Hey all I am thinking about moving out of the house sometime in August. Me and my girlfriend were going to move out to buffalo because she was going to do to the University of Buffalo for nursing. Any of you guys know of any good places to work for out that way? Any warehouses or factories or anything of that nature? I have no idea of anything out that way. I am going to make a trip next month to take a look at things. Also is anybody in that area looking for a fishing partner? I have never fished out in WNY. I would love to get together with somebody that loves to fish as much as I do and fish the different bodies of water out that way. I have a 14 foot boat with a 10 horse on it I was gonna take out with me :)
Opinions are like @ssholes. Everybody has one and they all stink.

slabspanker

• i love wood and wood products
Re: WNY Fishing
« Reply #1 on: Oct 19, 2009, 11:48 AM »
chief lots of great fishing opportunities at this end. Niagara county= upper & lower niagara, lake ontario...

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 19, 2009, 12:29 PM »
There are a ton of good waters to fish in the area.
Erie might be tough with the smaller boat, but there is the harbor and other protected waters.

With in a 1 1/2hr. drive you can pick any lake for almost any species found in NYS.

Oh the icefishing stinks ;D
Internet heros give it a rest!

zadvorney

« Reply #3 on: Oct 20, 2009, 09:08 PM »
I'm a transplant that got his roots stuck in Buffalo back in 91.  I've been in a love hate relationship ever since.  Fishing around here is great.  You name it, you can catch it here or close by.  Hunting is good for deer and ducks.  Now the jobs part....our job finder section in the local paper is 4 pages. SUCKS!  Look on craigslist or when you drive out pick up the small independant news papers for job leads.  We have some large assembly and sales call type places to work for.  Geiko and the like.  People are good here.  Stay out of the east side.  West side is'nt bad in spots.  North is better.  South is up in the air.  A valid point if you have a car, check with your insurance company as to the massive increase in your car insurance if you live in the city.  The cost outweighs the convienience of being close to school.  Live in one of the surrounding burbs.  Your rent will be higher but your insure rate will not be sky high.  Good luck, Joel 

chiefcatchemall

« Reply #4 on: Oct 21, 2009, 12:22 PM »
Hey guys thanks for all of the wonderful information!

fishermantim4

« Reply #5 on: Oct 21, 2009, 12:39 PM »
dont live to close to the water you'll end up skipping class during certain times of the year, atleast i do ::) perch seemed to be more entertaining than my teachers.
"there's no fish in this ditch!"

chiefcatchemall

« Reply #6 on: Oct 21, 2009, 09:35 PM »
dont live to close to the water you'll end up skipping class during certain times of the year, atleast i do ::) perch seemed to be more entertaining than my teachers.

Haha its not me going to school out there its my girlfriend. I have just been working out of high school...I know I d@mn well would be skippin class to go fishin if i went though! :D

Instantperception

« Reply #7 on: Oct 26, 2009, 07:59 PM »
The fishing is GREAT.   like everyone is saying...........so many fishing locations just within the buffalo area but also many many day trip destinations.     trout and salmon fishing is killer  especially up in wilson and olcott  you definitely will enjoy it..... another cool thing is you can get out to a lot of different t locations in one day

stingdave9119

« Reply #8 on: Oct 27, 2009, 10:43 PM »
right now theres almost no reason to go out on the boat the steel are in the cricks heavy

Instantperception

« Reply #9 on: Oct 28, 2009, 08:43 AM »
you should also get the WNY sanders fishing guide......   it is an excellent resourse for all boat launches locations, streams, creeks, rivers etc.  etc.   and has many maps..    i still use mine all the time.         u can view it on line or purchase   http://www.sandersfishingguides.com/   

fishermantim4

« Reply #10 on: Oct 28, 2009, 10:53 AM »
my buddy realies his sanders fishing guide like its his life support or something, ive come to just go fish a spot find out if theres fish there or not.  the maps are the most usefull part of it.
"there's no fish in this ditch!"

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
« Reply #11 on: Oct 28, 2009, 12:36 PM »
my buddy realies his sanders fishing guide like its his life support or something, ive come to just go fish a spot find out if theres fish there or not.  the maps are the most usefull part of it.

Also ice fishing access spots as well.
The sportsmens version is pretty good from what ive seen.
Internet heros give it a rest!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.