FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 513278 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #345 on: Apr 01, 2016, 02:53 AM »
Dom's not the only old hippie around here :-[

Do the math. I was born in 1950. I lived the 60's and 70's to their fullest. Somehow I managed to salvage a few brain cells in spite of myself.
Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #346 on: Apr 01, 2016, 08:17 AM »

Somehow I managed to salvage a few brain cells in spite of myself.
Rg

not me

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #347 on: Apr 01, 2016, 05:08 PM »
Well, I finished sifting soil

Filled the beds nicely with room for some supplemental peat, compost and sand. The waste went into the post holes and pathways.

I'm ready for weed mat and mulch in the pathways, fencing and gates.  It's still getting there. I'm happy to be done sifting soil. Gotta see if I can flatten the apsparagus bed. Stupid thing twisted on me. Think I'm gonna pull the rebars that align the sides and whale on it with the sledge.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #348 on: Apr 01, 2016, 10:57 PM »
nice

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #349 on: Apr 02, 2016, 05:54 AM »
Sure looks great Bob..
Morning all..  The weather is going to change today... Going to start raining and get real cold..   I might try and hit the trout stream for a while before i have to go water...
Things are growing great with a lot of color popping out...

Planting Rhubarb roots in containers.

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

tomturkey

« Reply #350 on: Apr 02, 2016, 11:19 AM »
Marigolds.......

Planted.. ;D

But today we got 8000 perennials in... :P

Who forgot to water that flat in the last picture, it looks a little sickly. LOL Love seeing the color coming along with this screwy weather we are having. You would not be going trout fishing here as the streams and rivers are fully blown out of the banks.

Rg Plant the asparagus crowns deep so that it does not come up to early and get frost bit. Our famers plant them around a foot deep then only cover them with about 6/8 inches of soil until they come up the first year. They will finish covering them that fall after mowing the fern off or the next spring.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #351 on: Apr 02, 2016, 05:02 PM »
Thanks Tom. I was trying to remember who the asparagus guru was that I chatted with on here. What I've read is to trench down 12", set the crown and cover it in increments as it grows. I think I'll follow your instructions.

Thanks, Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #352 on: Apr 05, 2016, 03:02 PM »
Gonna be a big "brown plant" sale in a week or so.

Or they might just end up in the toilets ;)

Took a big hit the last few days.

Rg

Mac Attack

« Reply #353 on: Apr 05, 2016, 03:32 PM »
Yea Bob.
Any nurseries that tried to get a jump on things and had plants delivered............and outside during the past few days, are going to take a huge hit.
Rolled the dice and they came up snake eyes for sure.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #354 on: Apr 05, 2016, 06:32 PM »
Ha all the big box stores had there's out by us and they got buried in snow..  Happens every year, if not snow a killing frost...   Good for us....    ;D ;D ;D ;D

Scarlet Begonias....... ;D ;D ;D

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #355 on: Apr 05, 2016, 06:43 PM »
I was talking to th OLG mgr and she said they don't let the store cancel deliveries . Pretty big hit I'd say. Great for the small greenhouse operations around us Dom.

Me....ill pick up some cheap annuals for sure. I had nothing but bulbs in the ground as yet so I'm good. My seedlings are going strong and I think the cukes, tomatoes and peppers are gonna be fine and dandy for planting on time.

Rg

IFF

« Reply #356 on: Apr 10, 2016, 05:13 PM »
Dom's not the only old hippie around here :-[

Do the math. I was born in 1950. I lived the 60's and 70's to their fullest. Somehow I managed to salvage a few brain cells in spite of myself.
Rg

Early 80's seemed like every time I walked into the engine shop, either the "He's an ole Hippy" song came on the radio, or the shop owner would look up, seeing me and start singing it  :o ;D Oh yeah guess it was 85

What you feeding the plants ?
*¿*  Bud

monkeyman2269

« Reply #357 on: Apr 10, 2016, 06:00 PM »

Waiting on the warm weather

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #358 on: Apr 11, 2016, 02:53 AM »
Me too ;D Re-potted the tomatoes and cukes. The peppers are next.

The light setup worked out great. They all seem quite happy.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #359 on: Apr 11, 2016, 03:09 AM »
Put the mower deck on the new John Deer yesterday and my son helped me build the garden gates. If the weather cooperates, I'll mount them tonight. We're still setting up the shop in the garage for our birdhouse/bee house project. I'm picking up a band saw today. Still have my eye open for a bench top drill press and planer, but we have enough stuff to get things under way.

Hope to get the fence finished around the garden this week as well. Looks like we're turning the corner on winter. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Might even try to squeeze in some bullhead fishing. All that and "work" too. This retirement thing is really busy.

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.