FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ELK  (Read 2645 times)

imob34

ELK
« on: Apr 27, 2010, 06:22 AM »
I saw an elk the other night just out side of fort wayne off of washington center rd. I'm assuming it got out of someones pin.  This thing was huge i thought it was a horse when i first saw it

DADDY-O

Re: ELK
« Reply #1 on: Apr 27, 2010, 06:26 AM »
what were you smoking or drinking? i want some, just kidding.  DADDY'O
SATCHMO

jakekebo

« Reply #2 on: Apr 27, 2010, 07:30 AM »
r u sure it wasnt a red deer I herd of some red deer getting out in the area it was a while back.

trebbled1

« Reply #3 on: Apr 27, 2010, 08:32 AM »
 I spent over $150 this year trying to draw in for an arizona elk hunt (unsuccesful).  all i had to do is go to forte wayne? dang, I will have to remember this.  washington center road is a pretty populated road if i remember right. was is a cow? I bet it is bull, Oh, I mean, is a bull. ::)

Ray Colburn1

« Reply #4 on: Apr 27, 2010, 02:24 PM »
I've seen elk on Rt 20 in Michigan City when I was driving trucks scared the crap out of me when that monster standing on the side of the road eating. Some people said they came out of Michigan and migrated south to Indiana don't know for sure. Crazy Man

Flat Bob

« Reply #5 on: Apr 27, 2010, 03:49 PM »
I shot a bull that scored 437 and 1/8 last year in Noblesville Off the White River. :rotflol: :clapping:

fish_tko

« Reply #6 on: Apr 29, 2010, 07:51 AM »
My buddy seen the same elk, i am assuming, about two weeks ago. Only he saw it between Gump and Carroll Road in the median of St. Rd. 3. He said he about had to change his shorts when it dashed out in front of him. That isn't too far from your sighting bob. Hope that thing wonders up by Avilla by deer season cause that ought to be enough meat to fill the freezer.

wallin

« Reply #7 on: Apr 29, 2010, 10:30 AM »
Wouldn't you have to have some kind of tag to take it or what?
Hows does that work-lol
Wallin

fish_tko

« Reply #8 on: Apr 29, 2010, 10:48 AM »
i just combed over the regulations and couldn't find anything on non-native species, although i though for sure there would be a paragraph in there somewhere. I would say its fair game, as it has been running around for nearly a month now.

mttrout

« Reply #9 on: Apr 29, 2010, 11:09 AM »
 :P

fish_tko

« Reply #10 on: Apr 29, 2010, 11:15 AM »
i guess you could say that about Mastodons too, but i think you could legally shoot any game animal that is on the loose, as long as it not an endangered species.

mttrout

« Reply #11 on: Apr 29, 2010, 11:32 AM »
:afro:

Piggyn

« Reply #12 on: Apr 29, 2010, 11:45 AM »
I'm sure that someone is going to end up shooting it eventually, but... why?  We've already got plenty of deer to hunt, and it'd be kind of neat to have elk running around.
Catching the lunkers of tomorrow today!

fish_tko

« Reply #13 on: Apr 29, 2010, 11:45 AM »
lol mttrout.

I don't have permission to hunt anywhere in that area, but if i did i might set up by the old Corvette museum and try a little bugling ;D

mttrout

« Reply #14 on: Apr 29, 2010, 11:47 AM »
 :P

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.