FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2014 open water fishing  (Read 15432 times)

anglerbrian

Re: 2014 open water fishing
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2014, 07:50 AM »
Way to go Roughrider44 were you at the north end? The lakes around here still have ice over large areas.

gremio106

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2014, 04:31 PM »
Any one know if lake lenore or last mountain lake are open?  Also is there a place to Launch any where on the West side of last mountain

Roughrider44

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2014, 09:17 PM »
I just launched at Regina Beach no ice in sight but couple days ago heard here was still some ice north. I imagine over the last couple days most if not all is gone.

Was at Val peort today horrible cold and windy with no luck.

tulibeeking

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2014, 04:23 PM »
Fished Dellwood creek on the 6th with a couple of other anglers from Lanigan and 2 from watrous. everyone caught at least one. Saw 6 pike one walleye and 1 sucker pulled out. I had never seen a sucker at Dellwood must have made the trek from Last Mountain or caught a ride as a youngster with a pellican or some other bird. The Lake was still iced over but the creek  at the North end was running good.  The only open water at the south end was on the spillway.

ever see any carp around that spillway or in that creek?

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2014, 12:29 AM »
Way to go Roughrider44 & Anglerbrian, good to see you guys are finding some fish. 8)

I haven't been out yet, ::), but hope to be soon, possibly this weekend.
I hope the predicted rain and showers don't happen. :P

WW
Calmly Waiting For Opening Day

anglerbrian

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2014, 08:35 AM »

ever see any carp around that spillway or in that creek?
I have never seen a carp in or near Delwood but you never know. I was out yesterdy downstream from the spillway and could see walleye and pike in the creek. I dropped a small jig in front of one walleye and he soon had my line wrapped around a tree branch. I ended up pulling the tip guide off my rod tring to get untangled. That was the end of my fishing for the day and headed back home to repair my rod.
 The ticks were out as well and had to pick a few off my pants when I got back to the truck. The ice was all gone on the lake except for a few piles near the shoreline. Hope to get the boat out soon at Stoney or Lake Lenore.

whale1979

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2014, 08:37 AM »
Does anyone know where to launch a 16ft aluminum boat close to north end on the west side of last mountain?
And also what tobin and candle look like??
Thx for any help

ran7ger

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2014, 08:47 AM »
 heard candle had 39" of ice at one spot last friday and i believe it.
got a fish on the line and my boat on the water
and it's gettin' near time to take the cows to the slaughter

Roughrider44

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2014, 03:17 PM »
Going to head back to last mountain this weekend not too sure whereabouts I'll go. Last time didn't have much luck at valeport so not sure if they will be there yet or have moved north already. Either way will post how i do!

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2014, 01:16 AM »
Whale1979, you should be able to launch your boat at Etter's beach on the W side of LML. :)

A bit further down, a person could also launch their boat at Hendersons Beach, near the mouth of Big Arm Bay. ;)

Last time I was in that area there are signs off highway #2 showing were to turn to both beaches.

Roughrider did you see any carp caught or swimming about while at Valeport marsh? :-\

WW
Calmly Waiting For Opening Day

buzzbomb

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2014, 06:38 PM »
did you see any carp caught or swimming about while at Valeport marsh? :-\
Valeport is slow but the water is warming up so it may improve.  On Wednesday and Thursday we saw the odd small carp caught as well as a few jack, a sucker, the odd walleye and a burbot.  I'm not going anywhere near it till after the weekend madness.  The amount of trash people leave on the bank there is disgusting.
If you say the word "gullible" really slow, it sounds like "oranges".

Gkomo

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2014, 09:29 PM »
Three of us went to kinookama last Saturday and between the three of us we caught 15pike biggest one being close to 15 lbs . Fishing really slowed down around noon so we left. Tks gkomo

Roughrider44

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2014, 03:33 AM »
Hi waterwolf I was picking up some fish on the sonar in the marsh and figured they were carp.  Didn't physically see or catch any though. Went out yesterday and got skunked, was dealing with a pretty nasty headache from some shenanigans the night prior so really wasn't on my game ;).

Tried Valeport again as well headed north by rowans and Collingwood.  Might head out again tomorrow might try Pasqua just for a change.

Young Catcher

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2014, 02:11 PM »
South Saskatchewan River is so high now.
and fishing is slow. even no bite.

Young Catcher

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2014, 03:47 PM »
My friend told me he caught one 4 LB rainbow trout at other side pump house of Gardiner Dam.
Tips is early morning, using power bait.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.