FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Trapper Did you see this one ?  (Read 6201 times)

taxid

Re: Trapper Did you see this one ?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 14, 2019, 07:12 AM »
I thought it was interesting the article didn't say the fish had a tag in it. If not it's not one that was planted. So...
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #2 on: Jul 14, 2019, 11:23 AM »
oh 'm sure tats  one of the stocked fish I'm sure  ...I find it interesting they stock suck a limited  amount  why not stock Ontario and the other lakes  and why not stock enough so we can legally fish for them

taxid they are cool to see I caught on in Oneida river  ....

a lot have been caught but the guys aen't going to post pictures because of all the tree huggers going crazy yelling about taking the 2 seconds to take the picture ......
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

seamonkey84

« Reply #3 on: Jul 14, 2019, 04:25 PM »

a lot have been caught but the guys aen't going to post pictures because of all the tree huggers going crazy yelling about taking the 2 seconds to take the picture ......
In Maine, it’s still possible to catch an Atlantic salmon (besides the landlocked variety), but it’s illegal to even pull it out of the water. People still catch them, any pics I’ve seen are with the fish grabbed by the tail or in a net, but still in the water.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

Chowdaire

« Reply #4 on: Jul 14, 2019, 07:52 PM »
Like this beauty I got a few years ago in Oneida?

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
« Reply #5 on: Jul 14, 2019, 08:36 PM »
oh 'm sure tats  one of the stocked fish I'm sure  ...I find it interesting they stock suck a limited  amount  why not stock Ontario and the other lakes  and why not stock enough so we can legally fish for them i

taxid they are cool to see I caught on in Oneida river  ....

Trapp...they do stock in lake Ontario....they stock them in couple of the bay's.
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

chrony59

« Reply #6 on: Jul 15, 2019, 07:21 AM »
Yes , they do stock Lake Ontario …………….. they have signs about them posted on the Charlotte Pier !!

yankmyline

« Reply #7 on: Jul 15, 2019, 09:39 AM »
I wondered how big the ones they stocked are because it takes a long time to grow to that size?

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #8 on: Jul 15, 2019, 02:16 PM »
i say stock enough of them so we can fish for them if your going to do it  do it right the first time
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Badbrad2186

« Reply #9 on: Jul 15, 2019, 05:29 PM »
i say stock enough of them so we can fish for them if your going to do it  do it right the first time

Amen go big or go home

taxid

« Reply #10 on: Jul 15, 2019, 08:11 PM »

With all the fish and game departments trying to reintroduce species and stocking native fish vs. exotic, you would think they would want to make Lake Ontario the way it was once by pushing Landlocked Atlantic salmon. Lake Ontario once had an incredible amount of native landlocked salmon.

Here's a big one out of I think Torch Lake in Michigan.

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Chowdaire

« Reply #11 on: Jul 15, 2019, 08:30 PM »
Got this one on Ontario this spring. A handful of smaller ones too.

seamonkey84

« Reply #12 on: Jul 15, 2019, 09:25 PM »

Here's a big one out of I think Torch Lake in Michigan.

Might be the camera/fish angle, but that doesn’t look like an Atlantic... way too broad and the head shape isn’t right. Otherwise that is a “pellet pig” of a landlocked salmon. Here’s a native I caught this spring from Sebago (Maine)

Edit:

After looking at this pic closer, I agree it’s an Atlantic, and I take back the comment about the other one being too broad for an Atlantic lol. But the head shape still looks like a chinook to me (at least from the images I’ve seen)
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

taxid

« Reply #13 on: Jul 15, 2019, 11:22 PM »

Beautiful fish!

taxid

« Reply #14 on: Jul 15, 2019, 11:24 PM »
Might be the camera/fish angle, but that doesn’t look like an Atlantic... way too broad and the head shape isn’t right. Otherwise that is a “pellet pig” of a landlocked salmon. Here’s a native I caught this spring from Sebago (Maine)

Edit:After looking at this pic closer, I agree it’s an Atlantic, and I take back the comment about the other one being too broad for an Atlantic lol. But the head shape still looks like a chinook to me (at least from the images I’ve seen)

Seamonkey84,

What's throwing you off is it's a very fast growing fish with all the groceries it will ever need. That means the head is disproportionately small for the body because the head cartilage doesn't keep up with the rest of the body. I see it all the time in my pellet fed pigs.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.