FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: How is square or long been heading up for Sunday and Monday  (Read 2841 times)

jacksmelt

Re: How is square or long been heading up for Sunday and Monday
« Reply #15 on: Sep 20, 2010, 11:47 AM »
I guess I'm not going to bash IF&W as hard as I would the old times you referenced and the whiners.  I do believe that if we let the biologists do their job we would be better off.  Problem is that everyone "thinks" they know better and run to our reps.   Allowing 6 togue a day out of St. Froid and Eagle and adding an additional month to the icefishing season makes no sense at all. 

Anyway we are way off topic.   yeah we are. my apoligies. i agree w/ you jay. the bios need to be able to do thier jobs without special interests getting in thier way.

PARADISE IS A 5LB. SALMON ON A 5WT. FLYROD!!

MGK

« Reply #16 on: Sep 20, 2010, 12:19 PM »
At one time I would have agreed with you (salmon anyway as there aren't any togue ;)).  However, huge increases in ice and open water fishing pressure, 2 derbies, and some other factors the last 5-10 years has hurt the top end in that lake.  Still a great fishery but no where near what it used to be.  

Not only is the top end of that lake being hurt, in the last few year we have seen a lot less 4-6lbs salmon.
It is better to be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

deerhunter

« Reply #17 on: Sep 21, 2010, 07:31 AM »
the alge bloom scares me. it robs the water of o2. does eagle get blooms? i,ve always fished up there in the spring when the water looks fine. never knew it turned green.

JDK

« Reply #18 on: Sep 21, 2010, 07:43 AM »
the alge bloom scares me. it robs the water of o2. does eagle get blooms? i,ve always fished up there in the spring when the water looks fine. never knew it turned green.

Long and Cross have had algae blooms since the mid 1980s.  Eagle has very good water quality.
# SAND

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.