FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Am I the only one still fishing?  (Read 9718 times)

taxid

Re: Am I the only one still fishing?
« Reply #15 on: Oct 04, 2011, 08:19 PM »
I'm not from your area but some of the best fishing I've had all year has been this time of year. Don't have to deal with as many speed boat and jet ski idiots either.

So some parts of Maine have extended trout fishing into October? On my last fishing trip to Maine on Lake Nahmahkanta the brook trout season ended the end of September. That was several years back.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Litchfield Fisher

• maine brookie
« Reply #16 on: Oct 04, 2011, 08:56 PM »
The rule book changed quite a bit this past year,  however, most of the effects took place in the southern and eastern parts of the state which now have year round fishing on lakes and ponds catch and release for trout/salmon from October 1st through December 31st.  However, the more prized northern and western waters of the state are still ruled by the season close at the end of september

Spitfire

• A.K.A." Double-L" on I.S.
« Reply #17 on: Oct 05, 2011, 08:49 AM »
By golly Lou, We thought that you crawled in wuth "Rip Van Winkle".   Glad you've been catching a few. ;D

Got a lot of fishing in w/ my grandson Travis this year & had a WONDERFUL SUMMER. Travis is getting to be quite the fisherman. Caught 6.5 largemouth this year along w several 5 pounders; Also several  smallies over 4lbs./ tons of whites.( a few over--14ins.) & too many crappies to count.    Been fishing a lot this year and still learning about the sport. the challenge will never go away!!!!!     Still fishing but anxious for the ice,    Lou
CATCH & RELEASE  "For Another Day"

Spitfire

• A.K.A." Double-L" on I.S.
« Reply #18 on: Oct 05, 2011, 08:58 AM »
Bob remember he sleeps till noon.

Actually I'm up everyday around  5:30; Just takes me longer to get in gear than you & Bob. ;D   Glad to see you're still on the crappies.( I hit 'em pretty good 2 days ago also. )        Lou   
CATCH & RELEASE  "For Another Day"

sebagosalmo

« Reply #19 on: Oct 05, 2011, 09:08 AM »

So has anyone else been out and have fish to show?
[/quote]No pics but, your not alone fishing, I have caught some of my biggest salmon of the year this fall. Been catching nice healthy salmon 2-5 each trip since august all the way through end of september on fly rods and streamer fly's. Most fish have been 18-23 inches long with some exceeding 25 inches and well over 5lbs. Unfortunatly I don't take pics this time of year due to warm water temps and survival rates, I try too leave all fish in large net and release imediatly for thier survival for spawning, Most of the larger fish have been native fat females stuffed full of eggs, although I did catch two exceptional hook jaw males that were agressive in full spawning colors with that bronzy gold coloring. From what I have seen this fall with smelt populations and salmon health this fall, fishing in the spring of 2012 should be one of those tremendous years, with fish tipping the scale over 6lbs. I plan on doing some jigging for lakers later on in the month and will take some pics at that time to share. Good luck to every still wetting a line.

Salmo

jimmie333

• Fish On!
« Reply #20 on: Oct 05, 2011, 09:22 AM »
Nah, I quit fishing last Sunday, that is until this weekend comes around. Been out with tightlines (Scott) hitting a few salmon chops.

Just like we did last year. Trolled a small pond in the morning and went ice fishing that same afternoon.

TightLines

« Reply #21 on: Oct 05, 2011, 05:56 PM »
Nah, I quit fishing last Sunday, that is until this weekend comes around. Been out with tightlines (Scott) hitting a few salmon chops.

Just like we did last year. Trolled a small pond in the morning and went ice fishing that same afternoon.
Here are a couple more for ya...

Salmon jump at the site of my boat. ;D

Feeding Eagles one pike at a time. ;D

BoutTime

« Reply #22 on: Oct 06, 2011, 06:58 AM »
Its supposed to be a very nice weekend in the 70s, so hell yeah Im still fishing!

canoeist

« Reply #23 on: Oct 07, 2011, 07:12 AM »
Last night, second cast, fun to watch swim away in the moonlight. I haven't even turned inland yet.

lewk24

« Reply #24 on: Oct 07, 2011, 07:41 AM »
nice! congrats man.

Luke

fishalot

• Let the little ones go to get BIG!!
« Reply #25 on: Oct 10, 2011, 08:40 PM »
 Today I went to the lake only to find out the dock had been pulled from the water.I still managed to get out there ,the water is very low and the wind was blowing in, making it hard by myself.
 After all the effort to get out there I ended up getting skunked. Then when I headed home I had to deal with the shallow water at the ramp. I managed with out a hitch or wet feet ,but not getting any fish was the low note. Maybe there trying to tell me something.
FISH ON !!!     

gamefisher

« Reply #26 on: Oct 11, 2011, 04:54 AM »
Today I went to the lake only to find out the dock had been pulled from the water.I still managed to get out there ,the water is very low and the wind was blowing in, making it hard by myself.
 After all the effort to get out there I ended up getting skunked. Then when I headed home I had to deal with the shallow water at the ramp. I managed with out a hitch or wet feet ,but not getting any fish was the low note. Maybe there trying to tell me something.

That's a good pond to stay away from on a full moon Jim. :evil:

gunrunner

« Reply #27 on: Oct 11, 2011, 09:44 AM »
Hit Mousam Sunday at daybreak...only one Togue and one bass.Pulling my marina dock system this Sunday but may still get out.I'm NOT done trolling until sometime in November....I just leave my truck on my launch once the slip system is pulled. ;D

SpaceFish

« Reply #28 on: Oct 11, 2011, 02:55 PM »
Managed to get a 4.6lb largie 4 days ago and a few nice pike today (from my yak).  Yea buddy!

THREECAR

« Reply #29 on: Oct 11, 2011, 05:03 PM »
The annual GLS trip is coming right up, will see if I remember how to put waders on. It has been too long since I last cast a fly. Leaving the boat at home on this one.  8)
Easterly still sucks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.