FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?  (Read 628566 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?
« Reply #2475 on: Sep 04, 2015, 03:00 PM »
Anyone tying?     ::)  I have lots of peacock tail feathers....     ;D 
Free..  PM me your address.....
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #2476 on: Sep 04, 2015, 07:11 PM »
oh boy  I hope dacker  didn't have  roasted peacock
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2477 on: Sep 04, 2015, 07:43 PM »
oh boy  I hope dacker  didn't have  roasted peacock

The amount of times the big dummy was in the road fanning I'm surprised he didn't get hit and put in the pot... ;D ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

trapper2000

« Reply #2478 on: Sep 06, 2015, 06:48 PM »
dacker  to be  honest I havn't been tying a lot  few  hoppers  and  other then that I been fishing  my vest is  full along with a  bunch of  boxes at home

Dug1898

« Reply #2479 on: Sep 29, 2015, 06:49 PM »
Finally I figured out photobucket...and I thought I'd post a picture of my favorite tandem bucktail streamer I call The Dog Fly. It was inspired by my Alaskan Malamute O'Nee, who I lost several years ago. He was a Gray Malamute with lots of black and white hair and yellow eyes like a wolf. I was going to use hair off him; but couldn't see him running around with a bare tail like he had the mange, lol.

[/URL]
There's never been a better time to Stand Up for your First and Second Ammendment Rights than right now. 
Please join the NRA. They're my political voice.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2480 on: Sep 30, 2015, 04:38 AM »
Looks good!

I've been rearranging my basement shop so my bench is in the setup process. Should be workable soon.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #2481 on: Sep 30, 2015, 06:56 AM »
nice fly,GREAT photo,thanks for sharing
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

Dug1898

« Reply #2482 on: Sep 30, 2015, 07:47 AM »
Thanks Rat, Rg, you should see it when it's wet. It looks like a real minnow and with the #2 hook on the front it acts like a keel keeping the fly upright adding to the realism. The trout in Skaneateles really gobbled em up. I miss my boat... :(
There's never been a better time to Stand Up for your First and Second Ammendment Rights than right now. 

trapper2000

« Reply #2483 on: Oct 10, 2015, 11:52 AM »
dug that's a really nice  streamer ,I like it and I can see a few fitting into my streamer box....

I'm  going up a few  hot glue  and yarn flies  and chasing a salmon or two tomorrow

Lunch_Box

• Fish on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2484 on: Oct 10, 2015, 09:37 PM »
Been trying stoneflies for steelies!!!!
"livin the dream"
"when the float drops, the BS stops!!!!!!!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2485 on: Oct 11, 2015, 05:14 AM »
Nice selection.

I've almost got my bench back together. Moved a bunch of stuff around in the basement lair. Had to take a little break after almost severing the end of my pinky last Monday. Got it caught under a metal cabinet I was trying to fix. Made a real mess out of it. 11 stitches and a very sprained finger. The anisthetic shots in the end of the pinky were the worst.

In any event, the darned splint gets in the way of trying to tie. So it'll be a bit for me.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Centerpindrew

• "In the FACEEE!!"
« Reply #2486 on: Oct 11, 2015, 07:11 AM »
Nice stone flys Lunchbox!!

Dug1898

« Reply #2487 on: Oct 11, 2015, 12:35 PM »
Great looking flies Lunchbox...that looks like a "fishes lunchbox"!

Rg, 11 stitches, that IS a bad one! Hope it heals quickly for you. At least you'll look good drinking a cup of tea, lmao  ;D

Thanks Trapper, I sent you a PM.

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
« Reply #2488 on: Oct 11, 2015, 03:19 PM »
Nice selection.

I've almost got my bench back together. Moved a bunch of stuff around in the basement lair. Had to take a little break after almost severing the end of my pinky last Monday. Got it caught under a metal cabinet I was trying to fix. Made a real mess out of it. 11 stitches and a very sprained finger. The anisthetic shots in the end of the pinky were the worst.

In any event, the darned splint gets in the way of trying to tie. So it'll be a bit for me.

Rg
That's tough rg, wouldn't wish that on anybody......stay off it for am few days and take two asperins.....Seriously, any word on perch on Seneca? Thinking of trying it next week.
icejohn
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2489 on: Oct 11, 2015, 05:45 PM »
I haven't heard anything John. I was gonna take the boat out this weekend, but I figured I'd probably do something else stupid and make things worse. So I hung around the house.

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.