FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: WILLOW SLOUGH  (Read 8256 times)

abishop

WILLOW SLOUGH
« on: Mar 12, 2019, 10:45 AM »
Just got off the phone with Nancy. She said that there were boats out yesterday. Most of the lake has thawed , but there is skim ice now cause it froze last night. With the next couple days in the 60's I do believe by Thursday the complete lake will be fishable. GO GET THEM....

abishop

Re: WILLOW SLOUGH
« Reply #1 on: Mar 19, 2019, 05:17 PM »
ANYONE BEEN TO THE SLOUGH AFTER ICE OUT YET. ANY GILLS BITING? THINK I WILL BE TRYING THERE SATURDAY. HOPE IT WARMS UP A FEW MORE DEGREES BY THEN.

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #2 on: Mar 22, 2019, 09:19 AM »
Buddy went a few days ago.. didnt catch a fish. He fished it regularly.

Honestly, id stick my time on other waters, the size quality has decreased greatly at the slough. Time to "pull the plug" to that place...
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

fishinator

« Reply #3 on: Mar 22, 2019, 10:45 AM »
Buddy went a few days ago.. didnt catch a fish. He fished it regularly.

Honestly, id stick my time on other waters, the size quality has decreased greatly at the slough. Time to "pull the plug" to that place...
I agree. Caught several golden roaches up to 10" the last couple years. Seen some pretty big carp too. It sucks when they drain it but it always comes back quick.

Jig_Head

« Reply #4 on: Mar 22, 2019, 11:07 AM »
I agree. Caught several golden roaches up to 10" the last couple years. Seen some pretty big carp too. It sucks when they drain it but it always comes back quick.
Pike bait!

hookitNcookit

« Reply #5 on: Mar 22, 2019, 06:51 PM »
I caught some real nice gills and nice crappie and the bass are big as ever out there in my recent memory, so i dont know what you guys are saying but I have never fished it after ice out only ice fishing and summer fishing

abishop

« Reply #6 on: Apr 07, 2019, 02:42 PM »
Does anyone know the name or number to the bait shop across from the entrance? Someone said it is closed forever cause they aren't selling enough. Also, can you get bait where the old Chiefs was?  I am going there in the morning, anyone else planning on being there?

abishop

« Reply #7 on: Apr 08, 2019, 03:41 PM »
There was a bunch of boats out today. We kept 23 between 2 of us. The size was ok but not what it was. Think it is a bit early yet. Started out with surface temp of 55. When we left it was 61. Weeds are going good. I think in a couple weeks it will be on fire.

Tim Bur

« Reply #8 on: Apr 09, 2019, 03:26 AM »
Used to be known as Rosie's. Was as far as 41 bridge sun . Haven't fished the slough in a few years. Hope  Rosie is ok. Got to know her just a little over the years.  Be nice if someone younger in the family took it over.. Fished there since I was 13 with a non resident with pops.  The camp ground peninsula is my favorite spot. Gave up on crappie sun about at 4pm at Deep River, and headed to LaSalle. I think it's a tad early too. See my skunked report for KKK River.  I enjoyed it though. Heard the old feller at the gas station just north of the river west of 41 is still selling bait after hart surgery. Minnows are hit n miss from what I hear.

abishop

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2019, 11:50 AM »
Going after some gills tomorrow. Should be a nice day. Anyone else?

Spooled85

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2019, 06:41 PM »
Better look at the 10 day lol ..... 30 percent chance of storms and 20 mph south wind

abishop

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2019, 07:22 PM »
They updated the weather. Originally it was suppose to rain. Now, calling for cloudy with winds up to 14 mph. Switching north after tomorrow for the next week.  Think it looks like the best day all week so giving it a go. Hope the weather holds true, as they now predict. So typically this means sunny with 30 mph winds. Usually just the opposite lol.

Spooled85

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2019, 08:56 PM »
Yep that is correct lol well good luck any who

taxid

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2019, 09:57 PM »
Im going out tomorrow for some crappies for broodstock for one of my ponds.  We have only one vehicle in the family (by choice as I work at home) and the wife that is a retired teacher is subbing tomorrow for furniture money. LOL Anyway won't be able to get out until afternoon as she will have the car. With the way my luck is running lately it will be raining when she gets home
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

abishop

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2019, 07:46 AM »
Couldn't make it out today. Had a issue with my dog, so, I had to stay home. Looks like a beautiful day to. There will be others...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.