FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1480827 times)

Cheeks13

• Big Eye!
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #2055 on: Jun 21, 2016, 08:08 PM »
Good job cheeks and some of those perch are real good ones ,
Yes they are..... 8)

Cheeks13

• Big Eye!
« Reply #2056 on: Jun 23, 2016, 01:01 PM »
Wow... no posts in 2 days. Fishing must be either really bad... or really good. 8)

coachwarner

« Reply #2057 on: Jun 23, 2016, 01:43 PM »
O alright i'll make a post ;D

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

Racer268

« Reply #2058 on: Jun 23, 2016, 04:17 PM »
OK, 

I woke up early yesterday so I decided to make a solo run to the east end.  Started off throwing jigs on the edge of a drop off.  Couldn't buy a fish of any kind.  At 7:00 I went out deep and trolled.  I had to leave at 11:00.  I ended with 2 keepers, 1 short, and one dropped keeper. Pretty slow for trolling.  Lotta floating weed clumps made it difficult to keep lines clear.

Some guys are having luck throwing blades in about 34'.  My bum shoulder doesn't let me throw a blade for very long.

I might give it another few hrs Friday morning not sure yet.

reeleyz

« Reply #2059 on: Jun 23, 2016, 07:59 PM »
Not a bad trip Bill.

I took my son tonight for a couple hours. We had to be in before the witching hour. We caught a few perch and a couple of shorts.

Racer268

« Reply #2060 on: Jun 23, 2016, 08:12 PM »
Ya,  I'm ok with it Bruce.  It's ok to have to work for a limit and sometimes come up short.  The past several years have been kind of crazy with the numbers.  It's fun to go out and "limit" in 1/2 hr but it got to be so easy that it became the expectation and anything less was a bad day.  No matter what happens it's always better than staying home.  LOL

Glad you got the little guy out.  There's your "keeper" for the night! 

reeleyz

« Reply #2061 on: Jun 23, 2016, 08:24 PM »
We were spoiled for sure. I am just happy to grab a meal once in a while.

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #2062 on: Jun 24, 2016, 09:43 AM »
Fished yesterday evening with Snag.  We had a tough go of it. I got a short eye, 2 slime darts, a sunny, and a 20 inch tank of a smallmouth. We did see a red Lund out there and I think I recognized the captain  ;D
Nice job findin em

reeleyz

« Reply #2063 on: Jun 24, 2016, 09:48 AM »
Fished yesterday evening with Snag.  We had a tough go of it. I got a short eye, 2 slime darts, a sunny, and a 20 inch tank of a smallmouth. We did see a red Lund out there and I think I recognized the captain  ;D

I noticed you guys just before I left. I figured you would hit them at sunset. Seemed like a perfect night too. Strange year.

Oh and I ran into Dave at the gas station the other day!

filetandrelease

« Reply #2064 on: Jun 24, 2016, 11:32 AM »
Went out yesterday with the wife for some trolling , from  9:30- 3:00 , landed 1 bass 1 eye 1 yellow and 1 white perch and a couple short hits ,  just couldn't get them  to fire along the north shore

Racer268

« Reply #2065 on: Jun 24, 2016, 02:11 PM »
Well. It was a slow day for me. I went straight to a trolling program. Marked a lot of fish in my usual spots but aside from a ton of small perch, I only boated 1 short walleye. I showed them different sizes, colors, speeds. I did the things that I know produce fish. I don't know....

Some guys did well throwing blades in 34ft and deeper. 

Cheeks13

• Big Eye!
« Reply #2066 on: Jun 24, 2016, 02:23 PM »
Heading out in a few... fishing till dark. 8)

coachwarner

« Reply #2067 on: Jun 24, 2016, 02:31 PM »
Good luck Cheeks!

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

scout57

« Reply #2068 on: Jun 24, 2016, 03:07 PM »
fished yesterday and today........found a nice area with some fish scattered  about and ended up with 2 keeper eyes and a short......dragged a worm and a hook and got 4 nice jumbos too...4 sheepies also.......went back to the same area this morning and it was slow at first but stuck with it and around 8:30 the perch started to hit and ended with 15 beauties.....2 short eyes and a few missed eyes jigging also....nice surprise this time of year.....man, are they thick in the shoulders....all in all I was pretty happy considering the recent reports........on a side note, the rude boaters out there seem to be getting worse.......its a big lake, why must people come so close......same sad complaint....sorry ;D

eyedoctor

« Reply #2069 on: Jun 24, 2016, 03:27 PM »
spent the week with my 71 year old brother fishing the tough Oneida lake out of eaton bay. we fish hard, even in those windy days. our final total was 15 eyes. most were on the larger size 18 to 20.which was nice. Trolling was the way we caught most of ours. all in all great memories were made.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.