FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1481428 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #2175 on: Jul 02, 2016, 02:01 PM »
i'm  no  biologist  but  I have  fished  the river  from Oswego  to  Oneida  my whole  life  and i'm telling you the  walleye  population  did  in fact  drop  since  gobies  made  it  into that water system and it  dropped  a lot  ...walleyes  might not take  a  big  hit on Oneida(thanks  to the  hatchery)  but  I bet  your  panfish and  bass  do
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

reeleyz

« Reply #2176 on: Jul 02, 2016, 04:31 PM »
I agree trapper, the bass and sunfish could take a good hit. The Lake Ontario bass fishing is nothing like it used to be either.

filetandrelease

« Reply #2177 on: Jul 02, 2016, 05:44 PM »
They look great coach , that's a nice looking eye  :thumbup_smilie:
Well done cheeks , meat in the freezer

reeleyz

« Reply #2178 on: Jul 02, 2016, 06:23 PM »
They look great coach! Good job cheeks.

perchgypsy

« Reply #2179 on: Jul 02, 2016, 09:51 PM »
i'm  no  biologist  but  I have  fished  the river  from Oswego  to  Oneida  my whole  life  and i'm telling you the  walleye  population  did  in fact  drop  since  gobies  made  it  into that water system and it  dropped  a lot  ...walleyes  might not take  a  big  hit on Oneida(thanks  to the  hatchery)  but  I bet  your  panfish and  bass  do
can you back this post up with Wikipedia facts... ;D
I have to disagree,why would it effect bass?
oneida bass population is just fine,not to mention any goby that comes within a foot of a bed is done ,fish will kill to kill (protect)not just eat
but I'm not looking for a debate if anything Alot of 10-14" fish will be getting bigger faster, as far as fry and spawn beds why would a fish that eats zebra mussels need to venture far from them to eat and  near predators at that...
as far as walleye population in the river system ,I'm not sure about how bad that is,I do know they have been tough to get to bite as of late ,but I shine my light at night and still see multiple every time I do,yet I only fish oneida river
My take is these predators just don't have to cover as much ground to get what they need on a daily(nightly) basis these last couple yrs,when I'm full you won't find me chasing a thing,prob why the river bite is so tough,
my question is if you think the population has dropped in the river from goby,but it won't effect the lake ,please explain
I have indeed caught walleye in the oneida river with one less fin(hatchery handled),and a few at that...
I'm not saying goby won't have a effect but it's only been a couple yrs ,wait another ten and we will see true effects,
Good or bad,time will tell
I would think schools of 3-6"perch would do just as much to bass spawn or panfish  as a goby would and oneida has been chalked full of them for many yrs

filetandrelease

« Reply #2180 on: Jul 03, 2016, 06:47 AM »

Took off yesterday morning stream fishing and fished some unfamiliar water , I quiet an assortment of fish , bass ,brook trout , Browns and chub ( fall fish ) I kept 3 Browns , 10-14.5 " for my dining pleasure , after 9 hrs and several mile this ol boy was whipped , I think more of this is needed  :cookoo: ;D

scout57

« Reply #2181 on: Jul 03, 2016, 05:08 PM »
Took off yesterday morning stream fishing and fished some unfamiliar water , I quiet an assortment of fish , bass ,brook trout , Browns and chub ( fall fish ) I kept 3 Browns , 10-14.5 " for my dining pleasure , after 9 hrs and several mile this ol boy was whipped , I think more of this is needed  :cookoo: ;D
nice job old timer........sounds like a great workout with a few morsels to boot......what a great day today was (is)..........lots of golf and a little fishin in between.......we"ll be on the ice soon ::) ::)

cnypanfisher

« Reply #2182 on: Jul 03, 2016, 05:27 PM »
this has not been released to the public yet---until now---the constantia hatchery has lost over half of the walleyes so far---stocking quotas will not be met
Not surprised, they didn't get the nets in until 2 weeks almost after ice out. I never saw the nets go in that late after the ice went out in my life. I have seen them put the nets in while there was still ice on the lake. The new guy screwed the pooch.

filetandrelease

« Reply #2183 on: Jul 03, 2016, 05:31 PM »
nice job old timer........sounds like a great workout with a few morsels to boot......what a great day today was (is)..........lots of golf and a little fishin in between.......we"ll be on the ice soon ::) ::)
I knew you wouldn't miss any golf with this weather , and maybe a cold one at the 19th hole
Looking forward to sharing  some ice with ya this coming hard water season

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #2184 on: Jul 04, 2016, 12:11 PM »
Went out with a bud last night from 7-10:30.  I only managed a jumbo perch and a smallmouth. My buddy landed the only eye which was a short. We also took in the view of the fireworks around the lake. Was nice night to be out
Nice job findin em

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #2185 on: Jul 04, 2016, 02:47 PM »

Been missing for a while........    Took some shots of Brewerton fireworks last night..

Happy Fourth of July you Oneida Lake Diehards.

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

reeleyz

« Reply #2186 on: Jul 04, 2016, 02:53 PM »
Great shot Shane. That could be a postcard.

SNAGGER

« Reply #2187 on: Jul 04, 2016, 02:57 PM »

Thanks Bruce, I been shooting a lot in the last year trying too really understand photography too its fullest.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

filetandrelease

« Reply #2188 on: Jul 04, 2016, 02:59 PM »

Very cool shot snag , did Rob get any

SNAGGER

« Reply #2189 on: Jul 04, 2016, 03:17 PM »

oh yeah he got a bunch too.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.