FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1481297 times)

fishinjohn

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #3525 on: Jun 04, 2017, 11:31 AM »
I bought some blade baits no luck so far. Do u jig up and down or cast and real slow?
Blades are tough to use.. lots of different ways to fish them.
I've had my best luck casting with a slow pumping retrieve

jlucky

« Reply #3526 on: Jun 05, 2017, 06:57 AM »
That's good stuff JBoggey that's what its all about...I just book Oneida pines campsite for Thursday Friday and saturday night of this upcoming week let me know if any if you guys are gonna be out fishing or in the area we can meet up for a beer and thanks for the suggestions
I will be at Three Pines Lodging and Marina Sat. the 10th. Ask Ryan he used to own it!

filetandrelease

« Reply #3527 on: Jun 05, 2017, 07:46 AM »
I bought some blade baits no luck so far. Do u jig up and down or cast and real slow?
Like john said many ways to use them  , snap jig , short hop , and a slow pump and reel and different colors , and then there are days they just aren't interested , and other things need to be tried , bucktails or raps
1 more thing not all sonars work as well as others , ,

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #3528 on: Jun 05, 2017, 08:27 AM »
WAIT A MIN.!!!!  are  you saying theres  no cure all catch a limit of  walleyes  every  time  you go out lure?????? 

i'm going back  to  snag hooks
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

filetandrelease

« Reply #3529 on: Jun 05, 2017, 08:45 AM »

I'm sure you still know how to fling 1 of those , now that's an all purpose lure  :w00t:

pimplepounder

« Reply #3530 on: Jun 05, 2017, 09:11 AM »
Some nasty storms rolling threw the Rochester area right now hope this weather blows thru early this week can wait to hit the lake later this week forecast is looking good

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #3531 on: Jun 05, 2017, 09:53 AM »
The weather has certainly been gloomy, hope you get something better PP. Four out of the five times I've towed the new boat it has rained. But the fish didn't seem to care. Hope to make it out later in the week myself. Good luck.

mcully

« Reply #3532 on: Jun 05, 2017, 11:53 AM »
Like john said many ways to use them  , snap jig , short hop , and a slow pump and reel and different colors , and then there are days they just aren't interested , and other things need to be tried , bucktails or raps
1 more thing not all sonars work as well as others , ,
I like braid for blade fishing but I'm sure others like different line. Just ordered a dozen of my favorites since the store that sells them had bare shelves Saturday. Two good ones Friday w half dozen good perch on blades last Friday morning 15' casting and popping off bottom. Couldn't buy a 3rd keeper before wind started ripping.

filetandrelease

« Reply #3533 on: Jun 05, 2017, 12:04 PM »
Sounds like a good meal to me

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #3534 on: Jun 05, 2017, 07:14 PM »
The daytime sonar is a must have  ;D  My sonars are covered with dust. Gonna have to break them out
Nice job findin em

filetandrelease

« Reply #3535 on: Jun 06, 2017, 08:34 AM »
The daytime sonar is a must have  ;D  My sonars are covered with dust. Gonna have to break them out
I got the boat ready Bob , my jigs are dust covered to , I'll be calling ya,  the old daytime sonar 👍🏻It's a must have in the ol arsenal  

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #3536 on: Jun 06, 2017, 09:00 AM »
Lol yes it is!! Talk to ya soon Freddie
Nice job findin em

WalleyeWonder

« Reply #3537 on: Jun 06, 2017, 06:31 PM »
Ladies, Gentlemen I'm new to the community! Will be taking our annual fishing trip to Oneida lake the second weekend of June in an ultimate walleye quest. Look forward to this every year and cant wait. Really enjoy all the multi species action and quality of the fish. I'm curious to know if anyone has any recent reports on the walleye activity and whatnot. Stay in the town of Cleveland not far from sylvan beach i believe. Thank you all and enjoy....... 
 :) 8)
Jiggin' Like A Fool

jlucky

« Reply #3538 on: Jun 07, 2017, 08:13 AM »
Ladies, Gentlemen I'm new to the community! Will be taking our annual fishing trip to Oneida lake the second weekend of June in an ultimate walleye quest. Look forward to this every year and cant wait. Really enjoy all the multi species action and quality of the fish. I'm curious to know if anyone has any recent reports on the walleye activity and whatnot. Stay in the town of Cleveland not far from sylvan beach i believe. Thank you all and enjoy.......  
 :) 8)

While you're there check out Three Pines Lodging and Marina in North Bay! It has a great Marina to go with the cottages. Check Facebook or Homeaway. It is 5 min. from Sylvan Beach! I will be there next week as well!

pimplepounder

« Reply #3539 on: Jun 08, 2017, 09:44 AM »
Just check the lake camera looks beautiful out there can't wait to get outta here truck is packed and at 12 noon I am off like a prom dress heading for the lake

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.