FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1480736 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #6195 on: May 30, 2019, 05:37 AM »
nice going ole boy! 

you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

reeleyz

« Reply #6196 on: May 30, 2019, 10:32 AM »
Sounds like a great night Fred! I need to get back after them soon. Way too much other stuff going on.

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #6197 on: May 30, 2019, 12:02 PM »
Glad you didn't give up Fred.   Sully...

filetandrelease

« Reply #6198 on: May 30, 2019, 12:20 PM »
Glad you didn't give up Fred.   Sully...
   Thanks Bruce I’m happy to catch any from shore this time of year , I’m now getting the boat around between sprinkles
     Thank you sully by catching some the night before , it gave me the motivation to drag my butt out and chase

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #6199 on: May 30, 2019, 09:15 PM »
Nice job Freddie! Glad a couple of you guys are harassing the eyes 😜
Nice job findin em

zaphod4

« Reply #6200 on: Jun 02, 2019, 03:54 PM »
Fished east end yesterday with the wife. After being chased back to the dock by the thunderstorm we set up in 30 to 35 fow off Lewis Point.Trolled west and had a few hits as well as a few okay perch and 1 keeper eye.Then came beck east and trolled south toward the point.Ended up catching 6 eyes. 4 were keepers.Used spinners with half of a night crawler. They eyes were hitting light and short. Had to let them hit it a few times before they would take the hook.Best speed was 0.7 mph and best color was perch.

mcully

« Reply #6201 on: Jun 03, 2019, 04:28 AM »
Blades have been doing the most for me anywhere from 14-34'. Both perch and eyes in some spots. Hard bottom has been a key to get bit, Haven't tried much else yet but haven't had to. Did try the east end last week and marked tons of fish but they just didn't want to bite. The water was pretty stained compared to mid lake.

zaphod4

« Reply #6202 on: Jun 03, 2019, 11:20 PM »
Blades have been doing the most for me anywhere from 14-34'. Both perch and eyes in some spots. Hard bottom has been a key to get bit, Haven't tried much else yet but haven't had to. Did try the east end last week and marked tons of fish but they just didn't want to bite. The water was pretty stained compared to mid lake.
[/quote
Are you tripping no the pound with a PC of worm or plasxz

mcully

« Reply #6203 on: Jun 04, 2019, 05:39 AM »
[/quote
Are you tripping no the pound with a PC of worm or plasxz
I don't tip blades with anything. 6lb braid with 3' long 8 pound fluoro leader tied to a barrel swivel is my typical setup. I use 5/8-3/4 ounce blades for the most part. long cast, let it hit bottom and start bouncing it back. Like hair jigs I adjust the cadence to what the fish tell me. Some days ripping some days just slow and easy and some days shallow just cast and steady retrieve.

WalleyeWonder

« Reply #6204 on: Jun 04, 2019, 06:40 AM »
Will be on our way down tomorrow for our annual trip from Rochester. Set up till saturday Cleveland north shore. How are the eyes cooperating 
Jiggin' Like A Fool

bauls25

• AKA paul23
« Reply #6205 on: Jun 04, 2019, 09:11 AM »
They were on fire saturday

Jakep138

« Reply #6206 on: Jun 04, 2019, 01:36 PM »
Nice going Freddy , I fished the I1 baits tournament on the lake this weekend and weighed in our 5 for 10.88 and did not place, we upgraded consistently all day and just needed 1 kicker fish to bump the weights and never got the right bite . All in all cannot complain weighing in over a 2 lb average on this lake and was able to take home plenty of these funny looking yellow bars , and first cast hit this gigantic carp on a blade . This fishery is on fire right now . See you all out there !

Just put me on ice and ill find water!

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #6207 on: Jun 04, 2019, 02:21 PM »
Nice going Freddy , I fished the I1 baits tournament on the lake this weekend and weighed in our 5 for 10.88 and did not place, we upgraded consistently all day and just needed 1 kicker fish to bump the weights and never got the right bite . All in all cannot complain weighing in over a 2 lb average on this lake and was able to take home plenty of these funny looking yellow bars , and first cast hit this gigantic carp on a blade . This fishery is on fire right now . See you all out there !

dude that carp is a beast! Did you get a weight?

Jakep138

« Reply #6208 on: Jun 04, 2019, 05:09 PM »
dude that carp is a beast! Did you get a weight?
I didn’t get a weight  I would guess somewhere around the 30-35 pound mark ?
Just put me on ice and ill find water!

bauls25

• AKA paul23
« Reply #6209 on: Jun 04, 2019, 07:52 PM »
That carps a tank, my buddy hooked one in the tail fin with a bucktail friday.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.