FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1481015 times)

wallyworld

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #10485 on: Mar 16, 2024, 02:53 PM »
Took a ride up to scriba creek to see if there were any fish staging yet….not a one to be seen. Guess the water needs to warm up a little bit more.

filetandrelease

« Reply #10486 on: Mar 16, 2024, 03:43 PM »
 They are staged in front of the creek and as far up as the hatchery at least the other day ,

reeleyz

« Reply #10487 on: Mar 16, 2024, 04:30 PM »
They are staged in front of the creek and as far up as the hatchery at least the other day ,

X2. They were up as far as the dam yesterday. Let’s just say it’s a good thing that the season is closed now!  ;D

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #10488 on: Mar 16, 2024, 04:38 PM »
X2. They were up as far as the dam yesterday. Let’s just say it’s a good thing that the season is closed now!  ;D
Yes definitely. Constantia looked like Pulaski during the salmon run the last 3 days lol
Nice job findin em

wallyworld

« Reply #10489 on: Mar 17, 2024, 05:10 AM »
That is weird, walked from the hatchery to the dam and didn't see any fish  :unsure:

reeleyz

« Reply #10490 on: Mar 17, 2024, 10:26 AM »
That is weird, walked from the hatchery to the dam and didn't see any fish  :unsure:

They probably got pushed out due to the amount of people fishing. It was insane!

KingPerch

“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

filetandrelease

« Reply #10492 on: Mar 19, 2024, 07:00 PM »
They probably got pushed out due to the amount of people fishing. It was insane!
It was

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #10493 on: Mar 20, 2024, 05:53 AM »
KP, thanks for sharing, a very good read. It was no better over here this Winter....h2l

Pequod1

« Reply #10494 on: Mar 20, 2024, 10:39 AM »
Interesting article. The only part I might disagree on is when they said less ice fishing means more perch and walleye will survive to open water season.  They forgot about boat anglers during the winter or guys fishing tribs before the March 15 closing. .

oneida1

« Reply #10495 on: Mar 20, 2024, 12:32 PM »
there are not many boat anglers say after mid november and as far as the streams that may be a week or two of fishing if water temp is correct,  combined not even close to ice fisherman even on a sub par ice season

reeleyz

« Reply #10496 on: Mar 20, 2024, 03:10 PM »
there are not many boat anglers say after mid november and as far as the streams that may be a week or two of fishing if water temp is correct,  combined not even close to ice fisherman even on a sub par ice season
'

I agree. The walleye took a beating for a week or two and the perch barely got touched. It does seem to even out eventually though. The population goes up a little, the bite heats up and a lot of fish get taken in short spurts.

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #10497 on: Mar 21, 2024, 06:14 AM »
Here on Sacandaga we have had 3/4 years in a row where there was a lot "less" ice fishing" and I see no change in size or numbers of walleyes...h2l

62 & Done

« Reply #10498 on: Mar 21, 2024, 10:24 AM »
Here on Sacandaga we have had 3/4 years in a row where there was a lot "less" ice fishing" and I see no change in size or numbers of walleyes...h2l
  I hear what you're saying hunts, but we also have to realize that the walleye in Sacandaga are on a much stricter diet than most other "walleye" waters. They just don't have the feed that others enjoy. With that being said, I don't believe that a few weeks less of ice fishing season will change much.  If you took a Sacandaga walleye and threw him into Onieda he would think he went to heaven.

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #10499 on: Mar 22, 2024, 05:58 AM »
62, just how long do you think a Sacandaga walleye would last in Oneida with this bunch of fishermen?....h2l

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.