FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Spring/summer weather cycles....  (Read 886 times)

Fishermantim

• I go where the water takes me!
Spring/summer weather cycles....
« on: Jun 10, 2019, 12:15 PM »
It seems like it's a "good thing/bad thing" scenario....

The weather seems to be in a good pattern with nice weekend weather, but we seem to be getting quite a bit of rain during the week.

Water levels are high, but the currents on many smaller rivers prevents slow drift or staying in one spot for more than a minute.
Heck, on the Charles River in Dedham, I cannot go up river because the current flowing under that first bridge is too strong to paddle against.

In my 5-10 years of fishing that section of river I've NEVER had that experience before.

This may be a banner year for mosquitos as well, as there are more "wetlands" than before that are STAYING wet....

Hopefully something will be able to benefit from these unusual conditions.
"God is playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh" (George Burns from "Oh, GOD")

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - The Existential Blues

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
Re: Spring/summer weather cycles....
« Reply #1 on: Jun 10, 2019, 01:20 PM »
It's the opposite here. My buddies backyard shiner pond is almost dried up. We are keeping it going with a hose

westernmas

« Reply #2 on: Jun 11, 2019, 08:27 AM »
It's the opposite here. My buddies backyard shiner pond is almost dried up. We are keeping it going with a hose

Agreed, the freestones have dropped like a rock.  Quabbin is still spilling over so the swift is still really high but most other rivers have reverted back to normal flows around this area.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #3 on: Jun 11, 2019, 09:12 AM »
South pond in Brookfield is down 10ft. The boat ramp is out of the water. Same place I was marking 40ft I was now marking 29

Fishermantim

• I go where the water takes me!
« Reply #4 on: Jun 11, 2019, 12:45 PM »
Yeah, it's basically either "feast or famine" when it comes to spring/summer rains.

I still haven't been able to paddle upriver on the Charles from Dedham to Needham because we keep getting rain every other day of so.
The water level has dropped, but it's still above its normal levels for this time of the year.

Add to that the abundance of weed growth, and some waters are already getting choked to the point where any sub-surface lure becomes unfishable.

On the plus side, the water clarity has never been so good!
"God is playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh" (George Burns from "Oh, GOD")

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - The Existential Blues

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.