FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: PERCH  (Read 12004 times)

abishop

Re: PERCH
« Reply #75 on: Jul 20, 2022, 05:26 PM »
That thermocline is crazy. Only a couple degrees difference in like 50 feet. Could be productive come Friday. Keeping my fingers crossed.

abishop

« Reply #76 on: Jul 22, 2022, 09:23 PM »
We need SOUTH WINDS. Looking like August before I get back out. I do know 1 thing, when they re-appear, I will be after them with a passion.

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #77 on: Jul 23, 2022, 11:51 AM »
We need SOUTH WINDS. Looking like August before I get back out. I do know 1 thing, when they re-appear, I will be after them with a passion.

The perch can be had. Just have to get in the deep water with good electronics
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

abishop

« Reply #78 on: Jul 23, 2022, 11:57 AM »
I only chase them when they are in close. Have heard something about the clay flats in 54 fow.

wallin

« Reply #79 on: Jul 24, 2022, 09:16 AM »
Sounds like a crappy perch season so far, I finally got the Family vacation behind me so hoping for some perching yet. 9 day trip to Black Hills , stayed in Custer South Dakota, rented a house for 10 of us and it was a great time, grandkids will never forget the memories.
Wallin

abishop

« Reply #80 on: Jul 24, 2022, 10:02 AM »
Sounds like a crappy perch season so far, I finally got the Family vacation behind me so hoping for some perching yet. 9 day trip to Black Hills , stayed in Custer South Dakota, rented a house for 10 of us and it was a great time, grandkids will never forget the memories.
Glad you had a good trip. I was there. Stayed at a ranch, took a horse for a ride. Long time ago. If the perch ever come back we will have 2 hook up.

Spooled85

« Reply #81 on: Jul 24, 2022, 11:56 AM »
As far as perch season goes. Its been amazing for me . The average size has been way better then the last few years. Ive been out ateast a dozen time with numerous limits each time except 1 time i got the goose egg. Just gotta know where to look . Havnt been put in a bit , but hopfully soon i will and they will be in shallow

abishop

« Reply #82 on: Jul 24, 2022, 12:25 PM »
When I grow up, I want to be just like you. Congrats.  LOL

LundProv

« Reply #83 on: Jul 24, 2022, 10:25 PM »
I would agree on having a decent perch year so far.  I only went out 4 times from Portage but had limits of very nice size perch each time.  Had been fishing just west of the state park beach in about 30' of water.  Inland perch fishing has been excellent at Koontz lake.  Dragging the bottom with perch rigs with red wiggles or small crawlers produces perch up to 12" and a variety of different sized bluegills.  Plenty of fish out there, just finding the time to chase them is another story...  The garden is really starting to produce zucchini and cukes and the tomatoes are right around the corner...  Life is good...

fishinator

« Reply #84 on: Jul 25, 2022, 05:53 AM »
When I grow up, I want to be just like you. Congrats.  LOL
someone sounds butt hurt!

abishop

« Reply #85 on: Jul 27, 2022, 08:31 PM »
Don't know anything about that. Covid is kicking my butt. I did see a pics of 64 perch caught out from Washington Park. 4 hours in 10 to 14 fow.

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #86 on: Jul 29, 2022, 07:18 PM »
Is it worth a go on Sunday any good reports out there

fishinator

« Reply #87 on: Jul 29, 2022, 09:57 PM »
I have no recent reports but I did see several beaches were closed for dangerous conditions today. Probably not looking good. Could be wrong though.

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #88 on: Jul 30, 2022, 06:33 AM »
I follow nws marine forecasts and they said south south East today 1 ft or less and turning south tonight and Sunday waves 1 foot or less hope that’s right

abishop

« Reply #89 on: Jul 30, 2022, 10:04 AM »
I haven't heard much. Hoping that the winds stay south for a while bringing in the cooler water. This should also bring the gold closer to shore making them easier to get a mess. You can get out and pick up a few here and there but I think they are 50 fow+. I am hoping to get out mid week???????

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.