FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fishing Discovery - Ancient Humans Tools Over 12,000 years old!  (Read 1560 times)

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon

taxid

I thought that this was too fascinating not to share. And they didn't even had BPS!

https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/1523014/archaeology-breakthrough-discovery-ancient-humans-fishing-rod-ancient-history-spt

Fascinating stuff. I read that somewhere in Ohio in shallow muck bottom backwaters of a river, Native American would pull a large rock behind a canoe to stir up the bottom, which would release gases to stun the fish so they could scoop them up. I can back that up as I have inadvertently done it with a seine in a pond as the bottom mudline stirs up the bottom.

We think we are so superior with our technology, but the Native Americans had it all figure out over thousands of years. If our power grid went down how many out there could start a fire by themselves or harvest food that wasn't at a supermarket? Or make their own tools to hunt or fish without modern technology or power?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
I don't know what I'd do without my Sonar or Trolling motor LOL.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.