FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Landlocks  (Read 1851 times)

TightLinesMaine

Landlocks
« on: Oct 17, 2021, 10:32 AM »
It's October... salmon time! had a lot of fun chasing these around for the last couple of weeks.  Hopefully more to come later this Fall...

I wish I got more pictures of the last one... he was an absolutely beauty (about the same size as the big hen, right around 20").  He bullied his way out of my net right after I unhooked him (I keep fish submerged in the water while I'm fumbling around with my camera).  One photo better than none at least!  Per usual, I lost the biggest one I hooked unfortunately  :laugh: (about a 22" or 23" male)

zwiggles

Re: Landlocks
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2021, 10:49 AM »
That looks like a blast! That last photo is sweet! Even if you only got one it’s a neat shot!

taxid

« Reply #2 on: Oct 17, 2021, 01:10 PM »
Beautiful fish!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

NBourque

• Bruce slayer
« Reply #3 on: Oct 18, 2021, 02:56 PM »
Impressive!

Steve H.

« Reply #4 on: Oct 18, 2021, 03:15 PM »
Nice!  Great pics, thanks for sharing.  Way to get after 'em.  Used to love fishing for them in October (in NH) but don't seem to get the opportunity much these days.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

TightLinesMaine

« Reply #5 on: Oct 18, 2021, 05:39 PM »
Nice!  Great pics, thanks for sharing.  Way to get after 'em.  Used to love fishing for them in October (in NH) but don't seem to get the opportunity much these days.

There's a popular trib in NH i'd love to try someday down the road, i've seen some real nice ones from there/NH in general...

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #6 on: Oct 20, 2021, 08:42 AM »
Always enjoy seeing your salmon success, Randall!  Can always count on it 8)  Camera shy fish are a common thing, but at least you got one great image of that escape artist!   I'm sure you're far from done based on last year's lake shore success. I just got back from a bonus trip to NY.  Lake effect was relentless (thankfully about a 90% rain/10-20% snow and sleet mix), but some nice wild ones cooperated ;D

taxid

« Reply #7 on: Oct 20, 2021, 09:05 AM »
Always enjoy seeing your salmon success, Randall!  Can always count on it 8)  Camera shy fish are a common thing, but at least you got one great image of that escape artist!   I'm sure you're far from done based on last year's lake shore success. I just got back from a bonus trip to NY.  Lake effect was relentless (thankfully about a 90% rain/10-20% snow and sleet mix), but some nice wild ones cooperated ;D

Not to change the subject, but if the Great Lakes stay relatively warm up until the first Arctic blast that would produce a buttload of lake effect snow wouldn't it?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

TightLinesMaine

« Reply #8 on: Oct 20, 2021, 11:51 AM »
I just got back from a bonus trip to NY.  Lake effect was relentless (thankfully about a 90% rain/10-20% snow and sleet mix), but some nice wild ones cooperated ;D

Can't wait to see those pics!

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #9 on: Oct 20, 2021, 03:25 PM »
Yes, the warm lakes are ripe for major lake effect snow not that far down the line.

Not to change the subject, but if the Great Lakes stay relatively warm up until the first Arctic blast that would produce a buttload of lake effect snow wouldn't it?

seamonkey84

« Reply #10 on: Oct 20, 2021, 11:30 PM »
Wow, you sure have those salmon figured out. Nice going! I hope to get out to that other spot sometime soon.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

filetandrelease

« Reply #11 on: Oct 21, 2021, 07:19 AM »

Awesome fish 🎣👍

fish wayniac

« Reply #12 on: Oct 23, 2021, 06:50 AM »
Randall, Beautiful Salmon !

JDK

« Reply #13 on: Oct 26, 2021, 08:55 AM »
Some nice fish.