FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: New Sabres Logo is in the Ice.  (Read 9420 times)

pikeon

New Sabres Logo is in the Ice.
« on: Sep 07, 2006, 10:15 AM »
The new Sabres Logo is in the Ice! It actually looks pretty good. It's going to take some getting used to but I think it's time to put the Goat head to rest. We've been to the Cup with the original logo and the Goat head and lost. Maybe the third logo will be the charm!

archbishop

Re: New Sabres Logo is in the Ice.
« Reply #1 on: Sep 07, 2006, 10:18 AM »
The new Sabres Logo is in the Ice! It actually looks pretty good. It's going to take some getting used to but I think it's time to put the Goat head to rest. We've been to the Cup with the original logo and the Goat head and lost. Maybe the third logo will be the charm!

do you have a pic? i remember them talking about it, but the final pic wassnt settled on?

pikeon

« Reply #2 on: Sep 07, 2006, 10:33 AM »
I wish I could but in the best interest of my job I shouldn't. I work later this week, I'll see what I can do. Anonymously.........

pinche

• Amen
« Reply #3 on: Sep 07, 2006, 10:34 AM »
you work for the Sabers>?
Rockbassin everyone is doing it !!

Proud member of M.I.R.C. since 2006

archbishop

« Reply #4 on: Sep 07, 2006, 10:37 AM »
you work for the Sabers>?

probably for HSBC :tipup:

pikeon

« Reply #5 on: Sep 07, 2006, 10:42 AM »
All I will say that is that I have walked on Hard water! and it feels goooooooood!

archbishop

« Reply #6 on: Sep 07, 2006, 10:53 AM »
All I will say that is that I have walked on Hard water! and it feels goooooooood!

lol, my ex sister in law worked as an intern or something some years back at HSBC, she used to tease me all the time about stuff she knew and wouldnt tell me :laugh:

scansy

• IX - X - XIII - XIV - XL
« Reply #7 on: Sep 07, 2006, 11:48 AM »

Did you bring a tip-up and drill a hole? ???

blaque

« Reply #8 on: Sep 07, 2006, 12:20 PM »
You are talking about the slug? Arent you? Or was that all a joke and their going to spring something different on us, tell me it was all a joke. !

archbishop

« Reply #9 on: Sep 07, 2006, 12:23 PM »
oops i pasted this in the wrong are, here it is now, is this the logo?

Sabres New Logo

pikeon

« Reply #10 on: Sep 07, 2006, 12:33 PM »
I wonder what Sabre tooth will look like? Hmmmm. Arch you are correct.

blaque

« Reply #11 on: Sep 07, 2006, 03:08 PM »
I cant believe they went ahead and spent all the money on this logo after hearing how up in arms the whole city is about it. Thousands are furious FURIOUS, and said so, and Quinn and the organization just said ....well pretty much......screw you, This is your new logo. This is gonna be ugly folks. Hey Larry Quinn, if  your goal was to have the team take the ice for the first time since there great season last year with a smattering of applause and probably a boo of revolt for this atroscious logo, then congratulations.......you succeeded. Be ready for an Arena full of embarrassed fans as we unveil our new mark to the league. Some people say its just a jersey, a look, support the team no matter what. And obviously i will. Ill be at the games........and wont miss one of them on teh tube when im not at the arena......just like every year. But i wont be buying a spec of merchandise until they rethink this uniform with the people of Buffalos input included. Quinn said, to teh people of Buffalo, if after the whole jersey is unveiled and you still dont like it, THEN you can yell at me.......well, Get a bigger mailbox Larry! Its fixin to fill up sooooon!

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
« Reply #12 on: Sep 13, 2006, 12:55 PM »
From what I have haerd thru the grape vine is that it looks pretty good on film and tv?
Did not see it myself, but sometimes change is not needed. Why is there a need to change it if its not really that old. I Just don't get it!
Also heard the old colors will be present.
Internet heros give it a rest!

archbishop

« Reply #13 on: Sep 13, 2006, 01:01 PM »
From what I have haerd thru the grape vine is that it looks pretty good on film and tv?
Did not see it myself, but sometimes change is not needed. Why is there a need to change it if its not really that old. I Just don't get it!

rich, i already posted the link to the logo above :tipup:

http://www.sabresreport.com/blogs/?p=239

scansy

• IX - X - XIII - XIV - XL
« Reply #14 on: Sep 13, 2006, 02:00 PM »

They change it so people will run out and buy the new gear.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.