FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Still Frozen  (Read 5232 times)

Mike G

Still Frozen
« on: Apr 01, 2004, 04:15 PM »
Well, We are still frozen here in Belgrade Lakes.
It's going to be a while.
There's some open water here and there, but we could ice fish for another week or more.
Although I wouldn't head out too far from shore!
In a couple weeks, the fishing is going to be SMOKIN!
Mike

Bigfish57

Re: Still Frozen
« Reply #1 on: Apr 01, 2004, 05:58 PM »
keep us posted man!
Anthony

pegasus

« Reply #2 on: Apr 01, 2004, 07:32 PM »
It was 62 degrees in Ellsworth at 1:30p.m.. Phillip's Lake was getting real dark on the eastern shore. Echo Lake on Mount Desert Island still had ice thick enough to drill on the 31th with no open water. Another week and a half there should be a lot of open water, but we still have the last snow storm to go though yet.
Stop eating the bait and let's go fishing!

where R U ?

« Reply #3 on: Apr 02, 2004, 07:09 AM »
Megunticook lake in Camden still has a lot of ice there is one place that is open almost all the way across the lake, north of RT 52 boatlanding,  that was yesterday , it blew hard last night,  I bet there is a lot more open now!  ;)

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #4 on: Apr 02, 2004, 07:13 AM »
Fished Maranacook Lake in Readfield on Sat.  Still 24" of ice.  And it's been pretty cold since.  We had freezing rain this AM!  Who the heck made up this March 31 ice season closure and April 1 open water opener nonsense??  It's a tradition that needs to go. 

Jim C.

ifishhi

• fall togue on a 6wt.....what a fight!
« Reply #5 on: Apr 02, 2004, 11:04 AM »
It was 62 degrees in Ellsworth at 1:30p.m.. Phillip's Lake was getting real dark on the eastern shore. Echo Lake on Mount Desert Island still had ice thick enough to drill on the 31th with no open water. Another week and a half there should be a lot of open water, but we still have the last snow storm to go though yet.
hey do you live in ellsworth? if so how green looking?

pegasus

« Reply #6 on: Apr 02, 2004, 02:20 PM »
I live in Trenton and was on Green Lake last Saturday. I helped my remove his shack, but there were still ice shacks on the salmon ridge. I didn't see anyone fishing, but there was still a lot of ice. We drove onto the lake at the landing to slide the shack onto the truck. The water level had gone down about three feet from last January.
Stop eating the bait and let's go fishing!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.