FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Where are you guys heading opening day?  (Read 7249 times)

ieatanimals128

• Ha thats a minnow compared to the bass I catch
Where are you guys heading opening day?
« on: Mar 15, 2004, 03:29 PM »
Right now I am looking at a few spots. Preferably lake auburn if i can find a spot and if the ice melts off a bit. Maybe nezinscot or little androsscogin if the ice doesn't melt enough.
Where are you guys going on your first treck out?
Jason

Bigfish57

Re: Where are you guys heading opening day?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2004, 06:23 PM »
they way the ice is going down on the coast I just might hit Megunticook for a rainbow or brown. Still gonna be a wile before up north is ready.
Anthony

jacksmelt

« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2004, 11:55 PM »
GOIN' FOR SOME WHITEFISH, SALMON, + TROUT IN THE MOUTH OF THE RIVER OF MY HOME TOWN POND. SHOULD HAVE GOOD ACTION BECAUSE USUALLY ME AND MY BROTHER ARE THE ONLY ONES CRAZY ENOUGH TO SIT IN A METAL BOAT AT TEMPS SOMETIMES IN THE TEENS!! ITS USUALLY WORTH IT!!

Fish Monger

« Reply #3 on: Mar 17, 2004, 08:31 AM »
I'll be working April 1st, but on the way home I will be hitting a couple of spots on Little River. Nothing special but I'll have by limit in legal Brookies (6" to 10") in no time.

TroutKing

« Reply #4 on: Mar 17, 2004, 09:26 AM »
I will probably try to hit some local brooks, but nothing is really going to be ready for another month or so for us fly fishers.

Does anyone know is there are any fish close to the shores in the saltwater this time of year....the bug is really getting to me.

TroutKing

tcfish

« Reply #5 on: Mar 17, 2004, 10:27 AM »
  I to fish Little river if its the same one,and do well on opening day i do have another spot in gorham area that never lets me down on opening day .Almost every year i have my limit and am at work by 7:30 am.
Worming it is the way to go opening day!!
[

quote author=Andrew Dumond link=topic=742.msg4648#msg4648 date=1079533885]
I'll be working April 1st, but on the way home I will be hitting a couple of spots on Little River. Nothing special but I'll have by limit in legal Brookies (6" to 10") in no time.

ieatanimals128

« Reply #6 on: Mar 17, 2004, 03:00 PM »
hmm little river. how far of a drive do u think that would be from auburn? I just looked it up and it looks like it gets stocked well. I am gonna be heading out after i get out of school. any chance u could tell me a couple of decent spots to hit?
Jason

Fish Monger

« Reply #7 on: Mar 17, 2004, 03:42 PM »
I fish Little River through Lebanon Maine (if it's the same one you all are referring to). Look for relatively fast water, not to deep though, and throw a worm around any rocky areas you can find. Those little brookies just love to hang out under large rocks in the current.

tcfish

« Reply #8 on: Mar 17, 2004, 03:56 PM »

the one i fish is buxton,gorham area.off rt 25 and rt 114 downstream is always good almost any other brook hold some brookies without giving out particulars.

ieatanimals128

« Reply #9 on: Mar 17, 2004, 04:54 PM »
yea im talking about the one in gorham.i have never caught fish in april so i was kinda looking for a spot that would produce. What is the easiest access? and what is access close to a decent spot?
Jason

loveice

« Reply #10 on: Mar 17, 2004, 05:58 PM »
West branch penobscot salmon

dirk327

« Reply #11 on: Mar 24, 2004, 07:06 AM »
I hope to get after crappie in lake arrowhead, that is if i can get the boat in there!  If not, i will probably hit little ossippee river

bluefinforme

« Reply #12 on: Mar 24, 2004, 07:55 AM »
I think I am fishing the Charles river in Mass...............stripers are everywhere I guess.........if not there....mabye the Little River in Gorham

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.